bets - e.m

sad, sad, sad, sad, sad imagine (hint of fluff throughout i guess) oh also a happy ending. i'm in my feels so yes this is about Eddie making a bet on y/n. probably has a lot of mistakes and i promise one day i will do a full fluff Eddie imagine, however, enjoy my loves x
also be prepared, this is a long one ;)

-month 1-

never in his entire life did Eddie Munson think he would be speaking to Jason Carver civilly. "so, do we have a deal Munson?" Jason said, his hand out so Eddie could shake on it, sealing the bet completely. Eddie sighed but nevertheless shook Jason's hand. he knew. he knew it was wrong, he knew he shouldn't be doing bets on people but money was tight. he needed the money desperately and if that meant making bets with Jason Carver he would do it.

everyone in Hawkins High knew about your little crush on Eddie Munson and that was because you were very open about it. you didn't care about peoples status in school, or how wealthy they were or where they came from. if you liked that person you liked them for them. you were the head cheerleader and many of your teammates thought it was weird that you liked the 'freak' but you didn't care. you'd never really been able to hold a conversation with Eddie, he always thought it was either a massive prank that you had a crush on him, or he was in a rush, not having any time to speak to you.

many boys in Hawkins had a crush on you, and who wouldn't, you were beautiful. you had the perfect smile, the perfect face, the perfect body and you were always so kind to everyone, even if they weren't nice to you. it was a Thursday morning when the bet was sealed and from that point forward Eddie had three months to make you his 'girlfriend'. he knew from when he shook Jason's hand that this would be the easiest $300 he ever made.

he left Jason standing in the car park of Hawkins High and walked in, seeing you standing at your locker with a few of your cheer friends surrounding you. he doesn't know why but he felt nervous. Eddie Munson never felt nervous. of course you were beautiful and smart and caring but no, he shouldn't feel nervous for just talking to you. your friend Chloe saw Eddie approaching you and gave you a subtle nod toward him, making you instantly blush once you turned around.

"hey y/n" he watch your friends one by one leave you so you and him could be alone. "hey Ed's. you okay?" you asked, taking your English book out of your locker. he nodded and smiled at you, you felt like at any minute you could collapse just from that beautiful smile he pulled. "i'm okay sweetheart. listen, there's a drive in on Saturday and i was wondering if you wanted to come with me? we can also go for food if you want" never in your life did you ever think Eddie Munson would be asking you out.

the redness quickly covered your face as you stuttered out a small 'yes' and with that he sent you a small smirk and walked away. you couldn't believe it. you quickly closed your locker to try find your friends and when you did they all started squealing. they asked so many questions all at once that you hardly heard them. "what did he say y/n? he looked pleased with himself" Kathrine said, everyone had huge smiles on their faces as they listened to you tell them that you had a date with Eddie after months of you spilling your 'love' for him to them.

"oh god i'm so happy for you" Daisy said, pulling your into a hug. one thing you loved about your friends was they were always supportive. whatever you did they congratulated you and vice versa. the friendship you all had was 100% not toxic and you loved that you could go to any one of them at any time. "after school we have to help you pick out an outfit. you need to look extra pretty since this is what you've been wanting for ages" Daisy carried on, wrapping her arms fully around your shoulders as she guided you to your English class which you all shared, thankfully.

the school day finished as quickly as it started and you and your friends all met up at the car park so you could go back to your house to pick out an outfit for your date which was two days away. the all got into your car, Daisy in the front, Chloe, Samantha and Tori in the back. you all listened to the ABBA cassette tape, all singing along to each song. "y/n you've wanted to be with Eddie for months, do you think he will be a good boyfriend if you guys go out?" Tori asked as she lent forward in her seat. "i have no idea but i'm just happy he's finally noticing me" you squealed, excitement filling your body.