meeting her - j.q

hello loves how are you all? this is kind of a step mum imagine but sort of not at the same time. i'll let you just read it! probably has a few mistakes but enjoy <3

you had been with Joseph for a mere five months. you'd met each other on a night out, both having a few mutual friends and that was when Joseph asked you on a date. from that point onwards your relationship flourished beautifully. on your three month anniversary he let you know that he had a five month old daughter. he was anxious to let you know about him having a baby as he didn't want to scare you away.

in all honestly when you found out you were a bit shocked but you'd grown to love hearing about the little girl on your dates, seeing Joseph's face light up as he spoke about her made your heart melt. Joseph had let you know that as soon as she was born the mother wanted nothing to do with her so he was a single dad, this made your heart break. you didn't want to shame her biological mother but from what you heard she was the most perfect child, how could anyone leave that beautiful baby?

now that Joseph and you had been together for almost a year, he wanted you to meet her. he saw the way your eyes sparkled when he spoke about her and thought this was the best time to do it. Joseph and you agreed that you would meet at a diner and that's when you'd meet Aurora for the first time. you were very nervous for this interaction. what if she didn't like you? what if she screamed and cried as soon as she saw you? you just wanted her to like you so that you and Joseph could carry on making your relationship stronger.

Joseph was just as nervous. he desperately wanted approval from the most important girl in his life. he also wanted you to like her, one thing that was making him most nervous was what if you didn't like her? he knew it was a silly thought but some people like children but when they meet them their opinion changes and he didn't want that to happen. at the minute, your relationship and him taking care of Aurora were his two main priorities. Aurora's biological mother, Emily, was in all fairness just a one night stand and she thought the same about him.

they were both drunk and they didn't intend for Emily to get pregnant but here he was now with his beautiful baby and he wouldn't want it any other way. he couldn't see his life without his daughter now that she'd been in it for seven months. he was running late as Aurora had gotten a bit of a cold and he was trying to get her dressed. he sat her on her chancing mat, slipping on her leggings and a jumper before putting on a little headband which had a small bow on the side. Aurora looked like Joseph's twin except for her mums small nose and eyebrows.

she had Joseph's hair (which was disheveled all the time but she looked cute). it was more wavy than curly but you could see that her hair definitely wasn't dead straight. she had his big brown eyes (which his mum says she has the same chocolate button eyes as he does) and his lips. the resemblance between the two is uncanny and you couldn't wait to finally meet her. "are you excited to meet daddy's friend? i'm excited for her to meet you sweetheart" he said, lifting her up off of the changing table and stroking her cheek softly, making her blush slightly.

she let her head fall to his chest as a shy smile appeared on her face as he walked down the hall to the door, baby bag over his shoulder. he grabbed his keys from the entrance which had a desk and a bowl by the shoe rack and he left, seeing the time on the wall- he was late. very late. you were sat in the booth, waiting for him to arrive. you'd hoped you hadn't been stood up but realised he was probably late because he wasn't just getting himself ready, he was also getting a seven month old ready.

after waiting for thirty minutes, you heard the door open, the bell chiming as they entered. you saw Joseph there, baby bag over his left shoulder and a gorgeous baby on his right. she looked around the diner, taking everything in as Joseph walked toward you. you didn't know what to do, do you stand up and give him a hug and a kiss like usual? probably not best to do that just yet. you stood up nevertheless and let Joseph guide you as he arrived at the table and lent in for a kiss straight away which you reciprocated but pulled away quickly because of Aurora.

"Aurora, meet y/n. y/n meet Aurora" Joseph said, looking between the two of you. you gave her a closed mouth smile and stroked her cheek softly. "hi sweetheart, it's nice to meet you" you whispered to her, she looked at you wide eyed before she let her head fall into Joseph's chest again, obviously shy from meeting a new person. you and Joseph giggled as watched her face turn red from blushing, taking your hand off her cheek. "you getting shy bub? it's just y/n. i've been telling you about her for months" he said, kissing her forehead gently making her dig her head into his chest more.

"i didn't order anything, i decided to wait until you both got here. i got her a high chair as well, i didn't know if you want her to sit on your lap but i got one just in case" you said as you both moved around to sit opposite each other in the booth. "thank you. sorry we are late, she wasn't well yesterday and i didn't know how she would be today but all she did was fuss when i put on her leggings. she's also teething so i haven't been getting too much sleep and neither has she" he replied, placing Aurora into the high chair, passing her a teething ring which she immediately started chewing on.

"it's okay. you should have said you weren't getting too much sleep, we could have rescheduled" you said, looking at Aurora chew the teething ring, drool falling down her chin which you wiped away, a force of habit you had from when your brother had his baby. Joseph watched as you stroked her chin, clearing the drool, making him smile at the two of you. "no way, i could t wait for you to meet her" he said, scratching his forehead gently as you turned back to him.

"well, as long as you don't fall asleep mid conversation i guess it's okay" you joked, making Joseph laugh along with you. you knew it was early to be feeling this way but you felt like he was your soulmate. there was just something about this relationship you'd never felt with any of your other boyfriends and you were grateful to have Joseph in your life. Aurora babbled along with the conversation, still chewing on the teething ring. as she babbled, you spoke along with her like you were having an actual conversation. she would reply with babbles and a few giggles here and there but to her you were having a full on conversation.

Joseph watched the two of you 'talk' to each other and he was just in awe of how quickly you two could warm up to each other. he was admiring you as you spoke to her, he looked at every beauty mark, every freckle, every 'imperfection'. you were perfect. both of your nerves were long gone after you both sat down. having a 'conversation' with Aurora made you feel like you were already close to her. she was such a beautiful girl and you were pleased she took a liking to you instead of crying.

"she's so cute" you said as you turned your attention away from her and looked back at Joseph. he was looking at you with a kind smile and love in his eyes. "what?" you said, smiling back at him, not breaking eye contact. "you're so beautiful" he said, hand reaching out for yours. you blushed brightly, turning as red as a tomato as you covered your face with your other hand, a shy smile spreading just as quickly as the blush. "don't hide" he laughed, pulling your hand away from your face. "thank you" you whispered, looking away from him, in an instant he could make you feel all giddy inside. from that moment Joseph knew you were the one. you got along with his daughter and that was the main thing that mattered to him and he couldn't wait to see what happened next in your beautiful relationship.