late nights - j.q

i did something like this in my Joe Keery book but i've changed it, enjoy my loves <3

you'd been out with your friends for your friend, Ruby's birthday. you and Joseph shared a two bedroom apartment and you loved that you and Joseph were finally living together after being with each other for 4 years.

you entered the apartment, slipping off your heels at the door, walking through the apartment as quiet as you could, hoping to not wake up Joseph. you walked to the bathroom, turning on the light as you entered it. you started taking off the makeup you had on, feeling relieved that you were finally home, being able to be makeup free.

once you'd finished taking off your makeup, you turned around to go get your pyjamas but noticed the huge t-shirt and shorts on the heated towel rack. your heart swelled when you realised Joseph had put them on there. one thing about you was you felt the cold very easily, every night before bed you would leave your pyjamas on the towel rack to heat them so they'd be nice and warm for when you put them on.

you quickly changed into the pyjamas, the warmth taking over you as you slipped on the t-shirt and shorts. you switched off the bathroom light after brushing your teeth, walking down the dark corridor which had a few sentimental photos of you and Joseph on it, carefully opening the bedroom door. you heard light snores coming from Joseph as he clung to a pillow, his body facing the door.

usually, you would walk round to your side of the bed, giving both you and Joseph enough room but tonight, you just wanted to be held. you closed the bedroom door behind you and walked towards the bed. you carefully moved the duvet off of him and lifted up his right arm, allowing yourself to get into bed, your arm wrapping around him. he woke up slightly, moving backward a bit so you had enough room.

"hi sweetheart" he said, kissing your forehead softly. you dug your head into his chest, feeling him lazily stroke your clothes back. "missed you" you replied, eyes closing as his movements continued. "missed you too love. you have fun?" he said, voice croaking. you nodded, tiredness taking over you.

your left leg wrapped around his waist as you pulled yourself closer into his embrace, his hand running through your hair making you sigh in contentment. something you loved about Joseph was his hugs. he gave the most amazing hugs, always filled with warmth and love.

you were almost asleep when he suddenly stopped running his hand through your hair making you whine. "Joey, why did you stop" you said, arm moving around to find his hand to put it back on your hair. "sorry sweetheart, i thought you were asleep" he said, his hand running through your hair again.

his hands massaged your scalp and ran down your hair, detangling any knots he came across, making sure to be gentle. he had his eyes closed, the warmth of his body making him your own personal radiator. "you're so warm" you said, breaking the comfortable silence that filled the room. he laughed at your comment, leaving a few small kisses on your head. "you are so beautiful" he said, hand never leaving your hair. you smiled into his chest, a light blush spreading across your cheeks. no matter what, even after four years of being with him, he would always make you blush with his compliments.

"thank you" you said, happiness filling your body. "i love you" he said, pulling you closer to him, you didn't think it was possible to be that close but here you were, closer than ever. "i love you more" you whispered, sleep finally taking over you as his hand never stopped playing with your hair. once Joseph knew you were 100% asleep, he leant back and looked down, seeing your sleeping face. he always thought you looked most peaceful when you were sleeping and he just could watch you all day.

he smiled as he watched your chest rise and fall with each breath and he went back to hugging you. he left small kisses on the top of your head before finally shutting his eyes, getting back to sleep. the both of you hugged for that whole night, neither one of you wanting to let go. you both loved each other so much and you were so lucky to have one another.