dad duties - e.m

hello angels! i hope everyone is okay. so rockstardad!eddie imagine requested on Tumblr. set in 1995, if anyone has any requests feel free to dm me! enjoy reading🩷 reader is a model!

he was in the interview chair with baby Rowan sat on his lap, chewing on her small fist as she looked around the large room. the last time she had been in an interview with him was two months ago, it was very rare that she was with Eddie whilst he was working but today you had to see your manager for a meeting about an upcoming show and he had insisted on taking her with him.

Corroded coffin had released a new album which had sold out in minutes, it was incredible how much fame the boys had gotten over the past few years. they had also announced a new tour after their album was released which meant Eddie and the rest of the boys had to do quite a lot of press. he loved being with Rowan, she was just so perfect and he hated being away from her so bringing her to this interview was a must for him.

she was such a character, her little personality just starting to shine through as she grew older and he loved it. the interviewer sat down opposite him, giving Rowan a little wave and a smile before she checked through her queue cards, making sure they were all correct and in order.

"let's hope she doesn't throw up on me this time" he joked to Gareth who was sat next to him who laughed and nodded his head. when she was with him last time she had thrown up all over him just before the interview ended and now that he looked back on it, it was hilarious, but at the time he was not pleased that he had sick all over him.

"i hope she does, it'll be so funny" Gareth looked at Rowan who had been cooing at nothing. Eddie adjusted her in his lap so she was sat sideways. she looked up at Eddie and smiled widely, fist still in her mouth but he could see her two small baby teeth popping through. he bent down, his hair falling all over her face making her giggle and scrunch up her face. he laughed and gave her a quick kiss on her forehead before sitting up straight and focusing on the interviewer.

"i see we've been joined by another rockstar" the interviewer joked and Eddie only laughed and nodded. "she is a rockstar, better than me and i've been one for years" Rowan cooed loudly and looked up at her dad, Eddie looked down and smiled at his baby girl. "i didn't realise how much she looks like y/n, from what i've seen she pulls a few faces and they look a bit like you but she just looks so much like her mum"

"i think the only things she got from me was my eyes and hair, everything else is her mama. i mean i'm not complaining, she's beautiful. even some of the faces she pulls it's like i'm looking right at y/n, i know it's because y/n's her mum but i didn't expect Rowan to be exactly like her." both Gareth and the interviewer nodded agreeing with what Eddie had said. you were beautiful, considered one of the most beautiful women in then world and Eddie, a "freak" from a small town had not only been able to get on a date with you, but marry you and have a kid.

"what does y/n think of the new album? i know she's quite invested in your work" Eddie adjusted Rowan on his lap and nodded agreeing. "she's very invested, always helping out which i'm very grateful for, i think y/n has a good ear for music, she knows what sounds perfect i mean she doesn't typically listen to rock music but she always says whatever we make she loves and i think this album is her favourite one so far"

"what do you think fans will love most about this album and what's different about it compared to your other ones" this time Gareth answered leaving Eddie to focus on a babbling Rowan. "i think there's a lot more thought in this album and a lot more meaning, not to say we weren't focusing on the other ones but this one is just different, i think the band agrees that this is definitely our favourite album so far"

"your fans seem to think so as well, everyone has been raving about it. i've even listened to it myself and i've gotta say it's incredible" both boys thanked her, it was nice to hear positive feedback from something they worked so hard on. "this isn't related to the album but the two of you have families, are they going to come on the tour with you? i mean Eddie you're a dad now will Rowan come watch one of your shows?" you and Eddie had been talking about this since the idea of a tour came about, you wanted to be there and let Rowan watch her dad on stage even though she was only seven months old it was Eddie's dream for his family to be with him at his shows.

"it was a hard decision because she's only seven months but it's important to me for them to be there so we decided they'll both come to a few shows here and there, Rowan can't come to them all because-" Eddie was cut off by small coos and babbles coming from Rowan "dadadada" she said  grabbing ahold of his hair and tugging it harshly.

"ouch honey, no pulling please" Eddie was still trying to get used to her pulling his hair, even though Eddie was 100% Rowan's favourite parent (the little girl loved you so much it but it was obvious Eddie was the favourite) she still loved to hurt him, obviously she didn't know what she was doing (or maybe she did) and her small hands pulled his hair in a way that it burned his scalp.

"dadada" Rowan babbled which made his heart swell, even if she was inflicting pain on him he couldn't get mad at the adorable little girl. the interviewer and Gareth laughed at Rowan and Eddie. he nodded and smiled, luckily he got his finger in between Rowans fingers and his hair. "i know sweetheart but no hair pulling for now please, daddy's working" he unwrapped her hand from his hair.

his attention then went back onto the interviewer, Rowans hand was now wrapped around Eddie's finger, chewing on it but Eddie didn't care. it wasn't hurting him and it was distracting her from his hair so it was a win win situation. "sorry about that, because obviously she's still a baby and the music is very loud, she'd be wearing ear protection but it's still quite loud so if she was at a show every night it would really affect her hearing"

the interviewer nodded and looked down at a distracted Rowan who was now more focused on looking at Eddie's finger then chewing on it. "don't apologise, i just have to say you're a really good dad. Rowan is really well behaved" Eddie nodded "yeah she is"

a few days after the interview aired, the clips of Eddie being a dad went viral and Rowan was a hit, everyone loved her. newspapers which focused on celebrities and music had photos of Eddie and Rowan all over them and if Eddie was being completely honest the footage and pictures of baby Rowan were adorable and he would definitely be bringing Rowan to a lot more of his interviews.