infertile 3 - j.q

PART THREE OF MY MINI SERIES! i hope you're enjoying this so far! also, i hope everyone is okay, always here if you need a chat! also, kinda got inspo for when Khloe Kardashian found out she was pregnant (the shower scene when she said she had to sit down). VERY SHORT, PROBS HAS A LOT OF MISTAKES, NEXT INFERTILE IMAGINE WILL BE THE LAST UNLESS ANOTHER PART IS REQUESTED!!

it had been four months since that conversation with Joseph and nothing had really changed. sex didn't feel like a chore and you'd practically stopped trying. you hadn't taken a pregnancy test since his mums birthday and in all fairness you felt relieved. you didn't feel the weight of the negative tests on you anymore and you and Joseph had both been a lot happier. for the past few weeks you'd been feeling nauseous and just all around shitty. you'd wake up, feel sick, be sick then lounge around in bed feeling like you couldn't move from how ill you felt.

Joseph had been the biggest help. he'd bring you food, water and medicine. he'd also just sit there and hold you as you slept. you hated the way you felt and the feeling that you couldn't do anything just made you feel worse. it was a Tuesday. Joseph had left for an interview early that morning and as much as you protested and begged him to stay home, he admitted he couldn't get out of it even if he tried. he would be back around 4ish meaning you'd be alone all day.

you had been napping for most of the day and saw it was 15:21 when you checked the time on your phone, Joseph would be home soon and you'd never felt more relieved. you decided it was best that you had a shower instead of being lazy again. you got up out of bed and walked to the airing cupboard to grad two towels and walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower. you stripped before getting in, feeling the warm water spread across your body. after about ten minutes of standing in the shower, you felt out of breath. like you'd just done the biggest work out and your legs felt like jelly.

never in your life had you ever felt like this. you felt ill all the time, sometimes even faint and now you felt out of breath from just standing. something wasn't right. you sat down in the bath, just letting the bath run over you as you tried to catch your breath. after regaining your breath and you felt somewhat better, you stood up and turned off the shower before wrapping the towel around your body. you picked up your clothes from the floor and put them in the washing basket before walking to your bedroom.

you sat on the bed, thinking about any possible causes and none came to mind. you finally after what felt like forever decided it was best to get dressed. you went to your pyjama draw and got some bottoms before going to Joseph's draw to grab an oversized t-shirt, well, it was oversized on you but not on him. you sat down at your vanity and brushed your wet hair, the faint feeling coming back over you. you let your elbows rest on the vanity desk top and your head fell to your hands, hoping the feeling would go away quickly.

you let your eyes close as you focused on your breathing, tears filling your eyes as you felt yourself feeling nauseous again, not hearing Joseph come home. Joseph knew something was up with you and he was thinking logically about this. there was only one possible thing he could think of so he left work early and got three pregnancy tests. he didn't want to get his hopes up but he knew you weren't right and this wasn't a virus bug, this was something completely different.

he walked through the house, not seeing you anywhere. he walked to your shared bedroom and walked in, seeing you with your head in your hands, breathing unsteady. he walked into the room, bag of tests in hand. he chucked them on the bed and then walked towards you. he put his hand on your back as he kneeled down to your level, rubbing it soothingly. your head moved from your hands to look at him, your lip quivering. "sweetheart, you alright?" he asked, seeing you with teary eyes and flushed cheeks.

"Joey" you said, relieved he was home. you let your arms move to around his shoulders as you sobbed quietly into his neck. he turned your body to face him instead of your body twisting uncomfortably to him. he let you cry in his neck, not making any noise as he comforted you silently. he knew something was wrong and he was going to prove his point. "i need you to do something for me sweetheart" he said, picking you up and walking to the bed. you were confused when he reached for the plastic bag that was sat on the bed.

he pulled out a digital pregnancy test and showed it to you. your heart dropped, there was no way you were pregnant. you were barely even trying. you shook your head, feeling terrified. you don't know what got you so worried, maybe it was the thought of another negative test and something else being wrong. "no, there's no way i could be" you said, making him sigh. "look, i know you don't want to do this but i really think we should at least rule this out." he said, moving a hand up to your cheek to wipe away the tears.

"Joe i'd never forgive myself if i took that and it was negative. you know i can't be put through that again and neither can you" you said, getting off his lap and standing in front of him. he grabbed ahold of your hand and looked at you with pleading eyes. "y/n if it's negative then we need to know what's actually wrong okay?" he said, standing up as he basically towered over you and you looked up at him. "something could be seriously wrong with you and maybe we should at least see. if it's not this then we need to go to the doctors or something because you've been like this for weeks baby. we need to know" he said, making your heart swell. he really cared and you loved that about him.

you sighed, looking away before grabbing the test out of his hand. he grabbed ahold of your face gently, kissing your cheek before kissing your lips before letting go, allowing you to walk to the bathroom to take the test. as you finished taking the test, you put the cap back on before putting it on the counter top, face down. "Joseph, you can come in here now" you shouted out, hearing him leave the bedroom and opening the bathroom door. you washed your hands before drying them on the towel which was on the towel rack.

you walked to the toilet and put the lid down, sitting on it as you nervously picked at your nails. "hey, stop doing that" Joseph said, walking towards you. he sat on the bath tub next to you and grabbed ahold of your hand. "it's gonna be okay love, whatever it says we'll be okay" he said, bringing your hand up to his lips as he placed a kiss on the back of it. you looked at him, eyes full of panic and fear. what if you weren't pregnant and there was something seriously wrong? but what if you were pregnant, how would it feel to actually carry a child you'd been desperately hoping for.

you guys sat in silence for the five minutes, it felt like forever with the waiting. Joseph would take sneaky glances at you as you looked at your lap, waiting for the five minutes to be over. once Joseph's timer went off on his phone, you stood up quickly, scared to look at the test. "you look first love, it'll be okay" he said, kissing your forehead gently. you picked up the test and closed your eyes, doing a silent prayer that it was positive. "no wait, i don't want to look alone" you said, opening your eyes to look at Joseph, seeing him already looking at you.

his eyes softened as he saw the scared look on your face. "okay, you ready?" he asked, watching you nod. you took a deep breath and flipped over the test. your hand went to your mouth as your eyes filled with tears. you felt Joseph wrap his arms around you and kiss your cheek. 'pregnant 5-6 weeks' it read. the whole time you'd been feeling ill wasn't because there was something horribly wrong, you were pregnant. you sobbed into Joseph's neck as the news slowly started to sink in. "oh my god" he said, his arms tightening around you.

one of his hands was in your hair, holding you close as his other was on your back, stroking it softly. you pulled back, giving him a kiss which he reciprocated. you'd never been more excited in your whole life. you'd been through this once before but nothing compared to this. "we did it" you sobbed, feeling relief serge through your body. "we did it baby, i told you we would didn't i? i'm so proud of you" he replied, kissing your lips passionately. this was it. you were finally pregnant with the miracle baby you'd always dreamed of.