day in the life - j.q

REQUESTED ON WATTPAD! how cute is this concept. melts my heart sm, also, dad Joseph 🥹Esme is 4 years old btw. this was honestly awful i'm sorry.

Joseph decided it would be a good idea if he filmed a day in the life for his youtube channel which he'd just started. he thought it would be a good idea seeing as one of his fans at comic con asked him to vlog and you also thought it would be a good idea for the fans to see what his day is like.

Joseph woke up at 8 am and picked up his camera, pointing it at himself and you as you slept in his arms. he started recording with you still sleeping in his arms. "good morning" he whispered to the camera, showing the position he was in. you half woke up from his talking and you started speaking to him.

"if you're recording me i'll kill you-" you said, making him laugh loudly. you turned your back to him and started going back to sleep until you heard Joseph talking loudly. "so today i'm filming a day in the life and we now need to go wake up Esme" he said, looking over at you as you groaned at him.

"you're doing it on purpose" you sighed before getting your and walking to the bathroom. Joseph shouted 'i love you', knowing he had annoyed you, and then got out of bed himself to go wake up Esme. he turned the camera to face her bedroom door and knocked softly. "Es, you awake sweetheart?" he asked before opening the door to her room. she was sleeping so he walked in and placed the camera on the bedside table, putting the focus on both of them.

Joseph did not care, he was going to do what he usually did, even if there was a camera watching the two of them. he pushed the disheveled curls off of Esme's face and bent down to kiss her forehead. she stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes slightly, looking at Joseph. "daddy" she whispered, putting her arms out for him to pick her up. he picked her up and placed her on his lap, her arms wrapping around his neck as he hugged her. "morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" he asked, rocking her back and forth in his arms.

"good" she whispered, eyes closing again from how tired she was. he kissed her forehead and smiled at her, she was the spitting image of you, she had your nose, lips, eyebrows, and eyes but, she had Joseph's curls, hair colour and eye colour. Joseph and Esme sat there for a while, Joseph giving her time to wake before he started speaking to her. "do you remember what today is?" he asked as she looked up from his chest. she gasped suddenly, remembering what he told her yesterday.

"blob?" she said, looking around the room, spotting the camera on her bedside table. "vlog sweetheart, wanna say hello?" he laughed, waiting for her response. she nodded her head and reached for the camera. "hi blob, i'm Esme" she said, he face getting in the camera. Joseph laughed at her antics, thinking that the fans would love this.

Joseph could smell the sweet scent of pancakes filling the house and then heard you shout for the both of them. "come on love, mamas calling for us" he said, picking Esme up off his lap and placing her on her feet, allowing her to walk. she kept ahold of the camera as they walked down the stairs, holding hands. Joseph picked up Esme and put her on the chair, next to his and waited for you to bring in the food. Esme's eyes lit up when she saw you bringing in hers and Joseph's plate, her pancakes had a smiley face made by maple syrup on it and then you placed their plates in front of them.

"thank you mama" she said, smiling at you. "you're welcome love" you replied, kissing her on the head. "thank you love" Joseph said, you smiled at him then walked back into the kitchen to get your food. you came back and sat down next to Esme who was just staring into the camera as she was eating. she then turned to you and then Joseph then back at the camera. "hi blob, so mama and daddy are eating pancakes and so am i and daddy said we were blobbing today so hi" she said, making you and Joseph laugh.