just a best friend 2 - e.m

HERE IS A VERY REQUESTED PART TWO! this is awful. probably has loads of mistakes, however, enjoy <3

you walked into Family Video, Robin smiled brightly when she saw you walk in. she was hoping you'd tell her that you were going on a date or you weee officially boyfriend and girlfriend but the smile and happiness was dropped when she saw your hurt and embarrassed expression. she walked around the counter and took you into her arms as silent tears covered her shoulder. "oh y/n what happened?" she asked, her hand stroking your back softly as you cried.

"he rejected me. i'm so embarrassed Rob. he said 'i love you sweetheart but i don't love you like that'. how embarrassing is that? i thought he felt the same way" you said, pulling away from the hug to wipe your tears. "i'm so sorry y/n. i shouldn't of made you do it" she said, guilt filling her body as she spoke. as she was speaking Steve came out from the break room, a confused look on his face as he saw you crying to Robin.

"hey you okay?" Steve asked as he came to stand beside Robin. you shook your head and looked down at the carpeted floor. "Eddie rejected me" you whispered, face blushing brightly as the embarrassment filled your body again. he sighed and shook his head, pulling you in for a hug. "Eddie is just stupid. he has missed out on the most amazing girl. anyone would be lucky to have you y/n" Steve said, kissing your forehead gently.

you sighed and nodded into his chest. you and Steve got closer when Robin started working at Scoops Ahoy.  since he'd left high school he had changed from being 'King Steve' and becoming his friend was definitely a good decision. he was kind and caring and drove you to places when your car broke down, just like Eddie did. "you're gonna be okay love" Steve said, pulling back so he could wipe your tear stained cheeks. with them two by your side you knew you were gonna be okay.

-

for the next two weeks you avoided Eddie as best you could but anywhere you were he was magically there. you went to the grocery store, he was there. you went to see Robin at Family Video, he was there with Dustin. you went to cheer practice, he was there at hellfire club playing D&D. it was like you weren't allowed to avoid him and the universe was placing you guys at the same place at the same time. every time he saw you he tried to speak to you but you always ignored him, to hurt to even look at him.

in all fairness you missed him. you missed the movie nights, you missed the late night calls, you missed the talks you would have. all in all you just missed him. Eddie had been with you through all your struggles and you felt stupid for even telling him how you felt, however, you only told him because you thought he loved you back. he was giving you mixed signals, holding hands in public, forehead kissed, cheek kisses, long lasting cuddles, walking to class together, everyone already thought you were a couple.

since you left Eddie's trailer he felt stupid. he felt stupid for letting you walk away, he felt stupid for allowing himself to hurt you, he felt stupid for lying to you. Eddie Munson had been in love with you since he laid eyes on you. you were smart, beautiful, outgoing, caring and you didn't care what people said about him. the moment he saw you were crying he knew he'd fucked up. he hated seeing you cry, it was like someone plunged a knife into his heart and twisted it.

he saw you all around Hawkins and tried to talk to you. he saw you at the grocery store, he'd walk up to you and you'd turn and walk away. he came to
your house, your dad closed the door in his face. he saw you at Family Video, he'd try talk to you but you'd grab the movie you wanted, quickly paid and ran out. everyone, especially Robin and Steve cussed him out for being an idiot and rejecting you. he knew he was an idiot. he knew he'd hurt you and if he could take that moment back he would.

he missed you. he missed you so much. he wanted you back desperately and all he could do is watch you from afar, regretting everything he did to you. he had only been told off by Robin and Steve, he hadn't even faced Chrissy. Chrissy was furious with him. everyone knew that Eddie loved you that was why they would encourage you to tell him so when she found out he rejected you she was fuming. he had managed to avoid her as best he could, running away whenever he saw her, but today he was caught off guard.