homesick - j.q

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! such a cute concept! reader is from the UK but is in America with Joseph whilst filming. hope this was okay! x

you were sat in Joseph's trailer, scrolling through the thousands of photos you had with your friends and family, missing them more and more as you scrolled through the album. you'd taken the chance to travel to the US with Joseph when he started acting on Stranger Things. you didn't want to look or sound ungrateful but leaving your cozy flat in London was a mistake. you missed going out on the weekend to see your friends for drinks, or going to see your family for a Sunday roast (a/n- SUNDAY ROASTS ARE AMAZING)

you couldn't blame anyone but yourself. you'd weighed up the pros and cons of going to the US and the thought of not seeing Joseph everyday made you feel sick inside. you'd miss him too much and staying at home in the UK did not sound like the greatest plan, but now you were here, bored and alone in America with no one to call.

you missed the cold weather, you missed the rushes of people on the tube, you missed the food, you missed the politeness of the people. you just missed your home. Joseph knew you were struggling after the first week of being in America, he knew you hated being alone and he hated leaving you in his trailer all day, he wanted you to explore, he wanted you to enjoy yourself, he just wanted you to be happy again. you hadn't told him that you felt homesick, you just always shrugged him off, not wanting the confrontation.

"sweetheart?" the sound of Joseph's voice filled the trailer as you were pulled out of your trance. you looked up from your phone and saw him in his regular clothes instead of Eddie's. "you ready to go home?" he questioned, seeing his exhausted expression. home meant the tiny hotel room which made you feel claustrophobic, that was why you'd come to work with Joseph.

anyone from outside this relationship would have thought you were being a spoiled brat, but you weren't. you were so grateful for being able to afford coming to America and meeting so many new people, but the sadness of not being at home still made you feel upset, making it almost impossible for you to enjoy yourself. you'd been there for six months and you had never been more excited to get on a plane home.

you nodded your head, picking up your bag from beside you and stood up, following Joseph to his car that he'd rented for the duration of being here. all you thought in your head was 'three weeks left until you can go home and see your family again'. you got to the car, walking to the wrong side, again, before walking back around to the right side. you sighed, putting your bag in the footwell of the car. Joseph got into the car and started driving to the hotel. you were looking out if the window, watching the many trees and street lights pass you.

your left hand was on your thigh, your right keeping your head elevated to look out the window. Joseph glanced over at you, seeing you like this hurt him and he hated that he couldn't do anything to make you happy. he moved his free hand over, lacing your fingers together, making you turn your head to him. he sent you a closed mouth smile once you made eye contact. you smiled back, moving your head to lean on his shoulder.

"missed you today" he said, kissing your head softly, his hand tightening in your grasp. you nodded your head and closed your eyes. what you'd realised when you were here was that Joseph really did love you and he'd do anything to make sure you were okay. he took a few days off after three months of non-stop work to spend with you, he'd taken you to get your nails done, taken you shopping, and you'd also realised everything here was very very expensive.

that's another thing you'd missed about the UK. all these combination of things made you want to book the last plane home and leave Joseph, but you couldn't. you'd never seen someone work so hard on anything in their entire life and the least you could do for him was be there.

you'd arrived at the hotel a little while later, making your grab your bag and walk hand in hand with Joseph to the lift. once the lift doors closed, you let your head fall to his chest as you wrapped your arms around his waist. he reciprocated the hug and kissed your forehead. in all the months you'd been here, you were surprised you hadn't let your emotions get the better of you.

you hadn't broke down and cried, you hadn't called your mum or dad explaining how you were feeling, you just were moody all the time. you didn't want to admit it but you'd let the emotions get to you, your eyes filling with tears as the lift finally got to your floor, Joseph pulling you to your room as your hand still held his.

once the hotel door closed, the emotions were let out. you put your head in Joseph's neck as your sobs raked through your body. he didn't say a word, just stood there with his arms around your, comforting you in silence. your arms were also around Joseph's neck, allowing him to pick you up and walk to the bed which was on the opposite side of the room.

he sat down on the bed, your hold on him tightening with each sob. he rocked the hug side to side, leaving multiple kisses on your forehead. "'s okay sweetheart" he said, feeling your sobs quieten down, your tears slowing down when Joseph pulled your head from his neck, allowing him to look at your face. "you wanna tell me what's the matter when you're ready?" he said, stroking your cheek softly.

you sniffled, head automatically leaning into his touch like it was some sort of reflex. "i just" you started, sighing as the thoughts ran through your head. "i just miss home" you stated shyly, a red blush covering your cheeks as you finally admitted what had been bothering you for months. he shot you a sympathetic smile, happy you told him but felt sad you hadn't told him.

"why didn't you tell me love?" he asked, hand never leaving your face. "i was embarrassed. you worked so hard and you've been so tired and i felt like me feeling homesick wasn't that much of a big deal" you said, arms falling from his neck to his waist. he shook his head whilst you spoke. "you should have told me sweetheart. you shouldn't have kept those feelings inside you. you could have spoken to me, i don't care about work, i only care about you" he said, running his other hand through your hair.

"i just didn't want to make you think i was ungrateful because i'm not. it's just-" you spoke before he interrupted you. "i know you're not, don't be silly. we all feel homesick sometimes, i know it might not help but we leave here in three weeks. three weeks and you can be in our bed, in our flat, stress free." he said, leaning in to kiss your cheek. you sighed before nodding, wrapping your arms around his neck again, hugging him. "i love you so much" he whispered, moving his head to the side to kiss your head. "i love you more" you replied, kissing his neck, hugging him tighter. no matter what, he always knew how to make you feel better and you loved him so much.