out of love - e.m

hey loves, i hope you're all okay! okay, this is quite a sad one so i'm sorry :( but enjoy! x

you and Eddie had been together for just over a year. during that time he'd been nothing but a loving and caring boyfriend and you would never change a thing about him. everyone at school would call him the freak which got on your nerves because he most definitely, to you, was not one. you were a cheerleader, the queen of Hawkins High and everyone was shocked when you walked into school hand-in-hand with him last year. yeah people looked at you differently but you didn't really care, he was your main focus and that's all that mattered. you had thought that your relationship was the most perfect thing ever, till it wasn't.

it was a Friday night and you were on the phone with your best friend Chrissy. she had been nothing but a supportive friend when you made the decision to tell Eddie your feelings and you were grateful she wasn't like the other girls on the cheer team who practically disowned you. "you nervous for the game? i am. that solo is terrifying me" you said, twirling the cord around your finger as you spoke. "you'll be fine" she said quite abruptly. you'd noticed these past few weeks she had been very rude and distant, like you'd done something wrong. your eyes widened slightly as she spoke, she's never been like this.

"everything okay?" you asked, hoping she'd finally tell you what was wrong with her. " 'm fine. i have to go bye" and with that, she ended the call, not giving you a chance to say goodbye. she'd been weird. so weird that even Amanda, another friend of yours had noticed it. you put the phone back on the hook and stood there, only wanting to see Eddie and tell him how you were feeling. Chrissy had never been like this and Eddie was one of the few people you could talk to.

usually on a Friday you would be and Eddie's house watching a horror movie. it would be every Friday, you'd be cuddled up on the sofa, you absolutely terrified of the film whilst Eddie laughed at you, always saying 'he'd protect you no matter what' which always gave you some sort of comfort. however today, you hadn't seen Eddie to talk about what you were going to do and if you were coming round to see him.

you decided after being bored out of your mind to go see him. you loved surprising him and so did he. his face would always light up as soon as he saw you in his trailer and would rush to bring you in a hug. you walked to the front door, slipping on your shoes and walked out the door. you called out to your mum that you were going to see Eddie and with that you closed the front door and picked up your bike.

you didn't have a car yet as you were scared to get your license so you'd either bike to Eddie's trailer or beg him to pick you up in his van. Eddie, luckily, didn't live to far away from you, it was about a ten minute bike ride from your house. the whole bike journey there you kept thinking of how Chrissy had been acting around you and how much you missed Eddie. you couldn't wait to just vent to him and he'd just be there, comforting you. you were in desperate need for one of his hugs. his hugs were one of your favourite things about him. his hugs always were filled with love and warmth and just made you feel so much better.

when you finally arrived to Eddie's trailer, you saw his van was parked outside meaning he was definitely home. you parked your bike outside and opened the door, seeing no Eddie sat on the sofa, you didn't see him in the kitchen either. this was just weird. you walked to his bedroom and saw the bedroom door was closed. it was hardly ever closed, only when Wayne was home. your heart dropped as you heard moans coming from inside the bedroom that most deformity were not coming from him.

you closed your eyes, hoping you'd been imagining whatever you had been hearing and then opened them again. you put your hand on the door knob and opened the door. there he was, in bed with Chrissy. you gasped, making both their heads turned toward you, Chrissy's eyes widened and Eddie had a guilty look on his face. you opened your mouth to speak but no words came out. you'd never felt heartbreak like it. your best friend and boyfriend were in bed together. your eyes filled with tears as you looked at the scene in front of you.

"y/n, sweetheart, this isn't what it looks like" Eddie said, sliding off Chrissy and slipping on his boxers that had been discarded on his bedroom floor. "is this why you've been avoiding me Chrissy? so you could fuck my boyfriend?" she looked down at the bedsheet before opening her mouth to talk. "you know what, i don't wanna hear it actually. i'm so glad you guys found each other" you said, turning around, letting your tears cascading down your cheeks.

both of them, the two people you trusted the most, betraying you. Eddie quickly got dressed, slipping on his shoes as he chased you out of the trailer. you left your bike outside, not wanting to be there any longer. you walked as quickly as you could, wrapping your arms around yourself as you silently sobbed, the thought of those two together filling your mind. "y/n, baby please wait" you heard, you knew it was Eddie. you felt his hand grab your arm, spinning you around to face him.

"y/n. you have to listen to me, it's not what it looked like" he said, putting his hands on your cheeks, wiping your tears. you pushed him away, ignoring the hurt look on his face once you did that. "what was it then Eddie? your dick just accidentally made its way into her vagina? wow thanks for enlightening me. you're an arsehole, leave me alone" you said, turning around to walk back home. this time Eddie ran to get in front of you, blocking you from walking down the path.

he spoke up, grabbing ahold of your hand "baby please-" "don't call me that. how could you do that to me huh? did this year mean nothing to you? do you know what it was like for me to even date you in the first place? i'd hear people i don't even know talk about me, 'oh, the queen of Hawkins High dating the freak, that's so weird, why is she dating him, she could do so much better, isn't he a cult leader? maybe she's a cult leader too, maybe she's a satanic worshiper. she's just as much of a freak as he is.'" you said, quoting what people would say about you in the hallways as you walked to your locker.

"but i didn't care because those people didn't know me, they didn't know us and i thought for once maybe someone actually genuinely liked me for me. i'd never listen to those shitty comments because i never saw you as a freak or a cult leader or any of those horrible things people would say about you because you were my Eddie. my sweet Eddie who was loving and caring and didn't sleep with my best friend behind my back" you sobbed, seeing his eyes fill with guilt and shame.

"i wanted us to be forever" you whispered, feeling his hand come up to your cheek again, stroking it gingerly. "we still can be y/n. we can just pretend like it never happened and we can go back to how we were before we did that-" he said tears falling from his eyes as he spoke, hoping you'd agree and be with him but you didn't. you shook your head as more tears fell down your face. "how long have you been fucking her Eddie" you whispered cutting off his sentence, pain filling your body as you spoke. "two weeks" he said looking down at the floor, your breathing stuttered, heart dropping to the floor as he said that. two whole weeks and you didn't even realise. how could you be so stupid?

"i never want to see you again. don't call me, don't stop by my house, don't come into Family Video when i'm working just leave me alone. i hope she was worth it Eddie because i'll never forgive you for what you've done." you sobbed, pushing him out of the way as you starting walking home again, ignoring his eyes burning into the back of your head. "i love you y/n" he shouted out to you but you ignored him. you knew if you turned back around you'd forgive him and love him again but you couldn't do that. you deserved so much better than do be cheated on.

Eddie let his hands run through his hair as he watched you walk away, guilt eating him alive. he's hurt you and he hated himself for it. how could he do that to such a beautiful and kind girl like you? he sniffled and wiped his tears, turning around to walk back to his trailer, seeing Chrissy standing in the doorway. "i need you to leave" he said, brushing past her as he walked into his trailer to sit on the couch, feeling more and more guilty by the minute. "what? leave? how will i get home?" Chrissy asked, confusion laced in her tone.

"i don't care, i don't wanna speak to you, i don't wanna be near you just leave" he said, growing angry. "Eddie you can't be mad at me" she said, standing in front of him. "yes i can Chrissy. you've ruined my relationship" he shouted, making her startle and take a step back. she wasn't having this. "i think you're forgetting Eddie that i wasn't the only one who ruined it, you did as well. i may have instigated it but you didn't have to follow through. keep believing your own lies asshole" she said, walking out the trailer and slamming the door shut. he sat there astonished. she was right. he could have said no and you'd be there with him in his arms as you watched horror movies but no, he was sat on the sofa alone, drowning in his own guilt.