step dad- e.m

HELLO LOVES! i hope everyone is okay. sad step dad Eddie imagine- Maggie is 7! reader is pregnant with Eddie's first child. enjoy the imagine loves xx

you had a beautiful daughter, Maggie, who had just turned 7. you had her when you were 18 and at the time you felt like your life was over but that was not the case now, she was the best thing to ever happen to you and you were so grateful that you had her.

you had started dating Eddie when you were 20 and he was 22 making Maggie only 2. to be honest you were terrified to tell Eddie you had a daughter. you'd get stares from everyone in Hawkins, older people, people your age and even a few teenagers who looked at you with disgust. yes, you had a baby at 18 and yes you weren't married and yes you and her father broke up, but, no one was judging him.

everyone only judged you and you hated the differences between how you were treated and how her dad was treated. but when you finally did tell Eddie about Maggie, he was very excited to meet her. he didn't care that you had a daughter, he liked you and you having a baby didn't affect that.

now, 5 years later, you lived together in a beautiful home and had a baby on the way. you loved Eddie and you were so grateful that he and Maggie got along. they were so close and Eddie loved Maggie like she was his own blood and at this point she practically was.

since Maggie had started school, she had been distant toward Eddie and it broke him. the two of them had a special bond and to see her staying away from him was so upsetting. Eddie had picked her up from school and she stormed straight past you. "baby what's wrong?" you had turned around to watch her. she stood at the bottom of the stairs with the biggest frown on her face.

"i asked you to pick me up not him" she shouted making your eyes widen. she had never shouted in her life and this shocked you. she turned and ran up the stairs to her bedroom and slammed her door shut. Eddie walked into the living room with tears filling his eyes. what the hell happened?

he came and sat next to you, his head gently resting on your huge baby bump. his shoulders were slightly jolting, meaning he was definitely crying. "what happened?" you whispered, stroking your hand through his hair. "i just- i've never heard her so mad. she was so angry that i was there to pick her up. i tried to hug her and she just ignored me and walked to the car. i don't even know what i've done wrong"

Eddie never cried. never. not even when he was getting bullied in high school so this was hurting him and you could tell. "it's okay Ed's. she's probably just adjusting to her school and taking it out on you because she loves you. i know it's not an excuse but you haven't done anything wrong baby. don't worry" he sniffled and looked up from your bump.

his eyes were bloodshot and his cheeks were covered in tears which you quickly wiped away with the pad of your thumb. "i'll speak to her after dinner, try figure out what's wrong with her" you smiled sympathetically at him. he sighed and nodded his head.

-

you and Eddie were waiting for Maggie to come out of her room for dinner. you were going to be sat next to her so maybe she felt comfortable enough to tell you what was going on with her. you were confused. she had always been your sweet baby girl and now she was just horrible.

you heard small patters of footsteps as she finally decided to come out of her bedroom after hours of being in there alone. she came into the dining room and saw you and Eddie sat opposite each other with two plates in front of you with hers next to you.

Eddie didn't want it to be awkward so when he and Maggie caught eyes he smiled softly to her which she completely blanked, making his smile drop completely. he really had no idea what he did. she came and sat next to you, looking down at her plate of food as she listened to you speak to Eddie. "so Ed's, how's David?"