↻ ◁ five ▷ ↺

"she's the first in line at a party"

"No way."

"Cam, please!"

Graham had some pretty stupid ideas sometimes. Like the time he convinced me to dress up in nice, elegant clothes as if we were on our way to a royal ball, except our only destination in mind was McDonald's. Or the time he carried me on his shoulders while I wore a giant trench coat, just to see if we would be allowed in the movie theatre as a ticket for one. We weren't, but it was fun.

It was also stupid. Just like him trying to convince me to go to Ivy Mora's foolish party.

"I am not going to a party that's just gonna be a bunch of girls trying to look pretty and get drunk so people will think they're fun and then vote for them for prom queen."

His eyes blinked in my words a few times before he responded.

"How does that-" He started to say. "Whatever. Can't you just come with me to support me? She's throwing it for the basketball team!"

"Ivy Mora throwing a party for anyone other than herself? I'm not buying that."

He frowned at me with his arms crossed. "Camryn, you don't even know her."

His words tore through my distant exterior like a sharp arrow being shot directly at my chest. I could feel the hate melting on my skin and seeping into my veins. When I thought of Ivy Mora, all I saw was an attention-seeking spoiled brat who used her daddy's money to gain friends. She was like a bloodsucking demon who latched onto anyone that let her.

And now I was stuck between believing she had now latched onto Graham too, or that I was jumping to conclusions way too quickly with her.

"Please, Cam," Graham begged once more.

"You can't just go with the rest of the team?"

"I could, but I want you there."

Like I'd always said: he had a way with his words.

"Fine, I'll go." I finally gave in. The hairs on my arms were upright out of irritation and my body was burning with red hot anger, but at least I'd be with Graham the whole time. Going to a party with someone you trust was better than going alone in any sense; It couldn't have been that bad, right?

"But I'm only going for you."

He grinned and pulled my face into his for a kiss. It was a normal kiss, the way he had always kissed me. Though the way he had always kissed me was never quite satisfactory. I loved Graham, I did. But oh my god, he was a terrible kisser.