↻ ◁ twenty ▷ ↺

"there's a house on a hill
with an indoor pool"

"So let me get this straight," Camryn said in the midst of the cozy ambiance that filled the coffee shop we decided to try out

"So let me get this straight," Camryn said in the midst of the cozy ambiance that filled the coffee shop we decided to try out. "You want to throw a party tonight because your parents pissed you off?"

Last week, Camryn and I finally labeled our relationship. I could officially call her my official girlfriend and she could call me her official girlfriend and everything was so perfectly official. The only bad part of all of it was the fact that my mother still wanted me to have tea or some shit with that boy from the fancy-ass Collet industry, and Camryn had no clue about it. But what was I supposed to tell her? Hey, by the way, I know we just became an actual couple, but my mom wants me to date some guy for money. That was ridiculous.

"Yeah, essentially," I finally responded to her question. We both took a sip of our iced coffees before I continued on. "But since they're going on another business trip tonight, I'll be hosting it at my lake house."

"You have a lake house?"

"Of course I have a lake house."

She rolled her eyes with a smile and took another sip. "I shouldn't be surprised."

Brushing off her comment, I kept talking. "Anyway, it'll be tonight, around nine. I can send you the address right now if you want."

Camryn cringed. "I'm not exactly a party person."

That's right. The last time she went to a party, things didn't exactly go her way as well as she wanted them to.

"You don't have to show up," I told her despite the pain in my chest. "But if you do, just know the house has four different bedrooms and I have the keys to lock all of them."

"I won't have sex with you at a public party, Ivy," she smiled with her eyebrows drawn together in concern.

"You say that as if you'll be able to resist me."

I watched her cheeks flush at the thought until a smirk crept onto her lips. "Okay, I may stop by."

"Good." I grabbed her hand and placed a gentle kiss on top before sipping on my straw. Camryn's eyes were focused on her phone for a moment before she shoved it away and sent me a bright smile. It was definitely odd, but I couldn't figure out how to ask her about it in a casual way.

"You okay?" I asked instead. She just nodded.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous about hanging out with my sister for spring break, I guess." She pulled a strand of hair behind her ear as she spoke softly. "I haven't seen her in forever, you know? And we were never really that close."