↻ ◁ thirteen ▷ ↺

"all the peasants bow down"

"Shit." Ivy's voice grumbled low into my ear as I brought my head back up to face her. I could hardly remember the last few minutes of whatever went down between us—all I could think about was how badly I wanted to please her. To hear those magnificent whimpers, those longing groans. I never thought I'd ever been capable of wanting someone so badly, but with Ivy it came naturally.

I handed her the white top she had once been wearing, trying my hardest to keep my eyes averted from her exposed chest. Her perfectly tanned chest that fit so nicely in my hands. It was torture to be pulled away from our intimate moment as I pulled my tank top over my head.

"Do you want me to-"

"No," Ivy answered before I could even finish my question. "Don't go. Just wait upstairs for me, my room is the first door on the right."

Wait in her room?

I felt like royalty when given the opportunity to see Ivy Mora's bedroom. I'd always heard that she kept that door locked to ensure nobody would sneak inside, yet here I was, about to go hide in there from whoever was at the door.

But of course, I did as she told me. I grabbed my sweater and silently trotted up the staircase, immediately heading to the first door on the right. It opened with ease and once I was inside, I pushed it almost completely shut, allowing it to stay open just a couple of inches. I did want to know who was at the door, at the very least. But in that moment, a new sound had caught my attention.

A cat.

A thin, pure black cat with bright yellow eyes, even at this late hour of the evening. It meowed once more, standing up from its spot on the foot of Ivy's bed. I was almost spooked by its ambiguity at first; after all, hearing something meow in a seemingly empty room wasn't too comforting. Though, the more I kept looking at it, the more it seemed to entrance me. Much like its owner, I collected. I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

"Hi kitty," I cooed with a grin as it hopped from the bed to the floor, inching its way closer to me. I knelt to the ground and placed my palm down in front of her, allowing her to sniff my hand as my friendly introduction. I wasn't sure whether that technique was used for cats or for dogs, but in this case, I was hoping it was universal.

The cat seemed to accept my introduction, though, seeming as it happily nuzzled its head against my fingers. I took it as a sign that I was okay to pet it, so I pressed my hand against its jet black fur and began to get lost in the sound of its purring.

That was when I started to hear footsteps coming from the staircase outside the door. Stable thuds every second until the sound disappeared and the door swung open. I turned around, half expecting to be busted by Ivy's parents or guardians or whoever the hell paid for this ungodly house, but I was more than relieved to be joined by Ivy herself.