The Perfect Plan

This was it, go big or go home. And at the moment, all of the houses were ransacked and blown up, so that wasn't an option. Buzz just recently received news of Walter's "mate", and knew he had to help him out of that mess. Strapping his chemistry pack on, grabbing his gun, and downing an entire can of ZFizz, Buzz left the scientist hide out, darting from building to building. He warped onto of the roof of a restaurant, only to witness a Browncoat being dragged off by a sunflower, kicking and screaming before disappearing into a nearby building.
Buzz shuddered, continuing his mission. Tiptoeing around dumpsters, he finally arrives at the library, the place looming above other buildings. Its clearly hosting infected, as there is purple vines everywhere, most sprouting pink flowers, puffing out the Haze.

Buzz ventured to the back of the building, going to pop open the back vent. His heart sank when he arrived, only to find it was already open, fearing the worst for his buddy inside. He clambered through the vent, grunting from the compact space and stale air. He finally popped out, directly into the heart of the library. "Ok, I'm here and not snatched, now to find my bud." Buzz first checked the break room, looking through the cozy room to turn up empty handed. He then remembered their secret hideout. He climbed up the bookshelves, remembering when Walter would just carry him up there. "I'm coming for you, buddy!" He thought to himself, arriving at the door. Buzz creaked open the door, his undead heart racing. "Oh, my,Zod." Buzz gasped as the sight of his best friend stood before him. It was Walter, in ripped up pajamas, dripping with sweat. In one of his eyes, there was a cluster of mushrooms, marking who he belonged to. "Y-You shouldn't have c-come back, B-Buzz." Walter weakly groaned, slumping up against a wall, exhausted. "Don't worry, muscle man, we're busting out of here!" Buzz assured his friend, before the door creaked open. "Walter isn't going ANYWHERE, stranger. He's mine!~" a voice behind Buzz taunted, revealing Moon.

"I'm sorry, who are you again?" Buzz snarled, aiming his gun at the Nightcap. "Just the ONLY person Walter needs, his mate~." Buzz flew into a trigger happy rage, blasting at the Nightcap. Moon quickly dodged, opening fire on Buzz. Buzz warped away, the warped behind Moon. She smirked, giggling uncontrollably. "Aw, are you gonna shoot little old me ~?"  She taunted.Buzz, already pissed off, punched Moon across the room. Warping to her, he dumped the rest of his clip into the small mushroom, killing her. "T-That was a-awesome, thanks b-bro.." Walter wheezed, prompting Buzz to rush to his aid. "Come on muscle man, we gotta go!"

Buzz helped Walter to his feet, the duo limping through the door. As Walter limped, the mushroom cluster in his eye started to fall apart, leaving an empty socket.
"We'll get you a patch for that, friend." Buzz remarked, Making Walter chuckle lightly. "Thanks for saving me, Buzz. Always knew I could count on you." Buzz grinned ear to ear, before getting an idea. "Walter, you couldn't have been the only one, what their are other out there that we could help?" He suggested, Walter solemnly nodded. "Sounds great, but let's get some Grubb first."
"Agreed!"