Document A: Class V Infected

A small, cloaked figure dashed in between buildings, heading for a specific broken down building. The peek around a corner, watching for Infected. The streets are clear, for now. Satisfied, the figure rushed into a run down library. They sneak into the back, finding an old, dusty Tv with a cassette player. Popping a tape in, they barricade their room, and sit down to watch.

"TAPE ONE- SECTION 1-A: COMMON INFECTED
This research was submitted by Doctor [REDACTED], Zod rest their soul.

This document will go over all of the infected types, as well as certain subtypes. This information should never be relayed with humans.

Case 1, Codename: CARETAKER.
Sunflowers who were infected due to inhalation are the most common type of infected. Surprisingly, they are also one of the most aggressive, fighting with their kind constantly to secure a mate.
Physical changes include more thorns on stem, increased petal growth and size, as well as their arms
Their codename was derived due to their caring, almost motherly treatment of their mates. They leave gifts for prey, warming them to their presence.

Out gunning them is the best option, as they aren't that strong or special. It only the XH variants that truly pose a threat. Just keep your distance and keep fucking shooting.

Case 2, Codename: STALKER
Peashooter who were infected due to inhalation of Haze spores.
Increased leaf growth and body coverage have made these plants amazing ambush predators.
Hiding in plain sight, they sometimes don't move for days on end, until they see movement.
H-Peashooters wait until prey gets within "burst" distance, lunging at them
These plant go  through some of the most drastic mutations, especially to their main feature.
The "barrel" that makes up their face develops lips that line the outer rim, allowing for enhanced "suction."
Speaking of which, H-Peashooters have lost the ability to shoot peas, the muscles dedicated to shooting repurposed for increased leg strength

Watch for their eyes, they glow their respective colors when you start getting close. The plant will also begin softly humming, the plant unable to stifle its excitement. Stay away from any overgrown areas, those are the plant's preferred hiding spots. Keep your eyes peeled.

Case 3, Codename: TRIPPER.
Nightcaps infected due to inhalation of Haze spores.
Multiple Haze flower growths decorate their caps, with minor or nonexistent other physical changes.
The real danger comes from their spores, which have been modified to a ludicrous condition.
Symptoms include muscle weakness, multiple hallucinations, lessened mental fortitude, and finally increased tear duct activity.

These elusive fungi use their spores to corrupt and weaken the mind of potential mates.
Keep clear of established hazard zones, or any dark and damp area with glowing purple flowers and lights. Gas masks will not save you.

If you do manage to get afflicted, keep calm and don't listen to any voice telling you it's okay. Keep your guard up, the plant is watching you.

This tape is but one of many. May this information assist you in your endeavors.
General Mastiff, out.