002

...But my plans were quickly turned into something much more dull as I walked into the cafeteria, greeted by Eddie Munson, walking atop the cafeteria tables as though it was "the plank" on a pirate ship.

Eddie seemed to be ranting about stereotypes or whatever he was talking about whilst people were just trying to enjoy their food. He hadn't yet mentioned anything to get anyone really riled up, until his comment about basketball.
"... a GAME where you toss BALLS into LAUNDRY BASKETS." I wish i could defend him and say that it wasn't meant with malicious intent, however it very clearly was said to piss off Jason and the team. I found it quite ironic that Eddie had been preaching stereotypes which caused me to laugh slightly to myself, considering he was also being very stereotypical. I mean-

"Something funny, Freaks?" Jason had yelled out. In front of the whole cafeteria, at this my head snapped around to face him to see who he was looking at. He was looking between me and Eddie. You have got to be kidding me, could this man be anymore easily angered? He was winking at me like 10 minutes ago, right behind his girlfriend's back! Literally!

"You better not be talking to me Jason. We both know you think I'm not a freak. Eddie on the other hand- well, i cant comment on him, i don't know him well enough." I didn't technically lie. I didn't really know Eddie, just knew of him and his reputation. "Yeah and thats why your freak brother is sat with him." I honestly saw red. Insulting me is whatever, I can take it but the need to bring my brother into it, freak or not, it was uncalled for. As I was about to speak Eddie interjected. "Neither of the two are freaks. Elaine doesn't talk to anyone other than your friends, you, Chrissy and the rest of the cheer squad. Dustin isn't a freak either, i don't know how to explain that one to you but he's simply just not."

Eddie had just made things ten times worse. Talking to Jason about everyone I hang out with and speak to made him sound like he was either a stalker or a liar. By now Eddie had jumped down from the table he was preaching on and was in front of me. I barged right past him and walked out the back of the cafeteria. I heard a faint "Don't hurt yourself, Princess." from behind me and realised how much I hated it when he called me that. He was so sarcastic and snide that I could kill him.

I stormed my way through the Family Video doors and threw my bag over the desk, jumping behind the counter and sitting with my head on my knees. "I hate Eddie Munson. With my whole entire being and soul." Steve just laughed and grabbed my wrists to pull me up, to which I struggled because the floor is definitely comfier than being stood up. My bags contents had been sprawled across the floor and my cigarettes and lighter had fell out, I grabbed Steve by the wrist as payback and pulled him outside. We sat outside smoking for longer than we probably should have until we heard the phone ring inside. "Two seconds, kay?"
"Yeah, yeah go for it. I did kind of literally rip you away from your work."

He answered and had a very short conversation with whoever was on the other end of the phone until he shouted me inside, holding out the phone and rolling his eyes. I walked inside the weirdly smelly store and grabbed the phone with confusion across my face. "Hello hello, this is Elaine. Who's speaking?"
"It's Dustin, look I need a favour. Be open minded."
"Firstly, how did you know I was at Family Video? Secondly. If you have to ask me to be open minded, the answer to your question is probably gonna be no, so come on. Out with it."

"After this morning i kinda assumed you'd be with Steve when i couldn't find you at school and i kinda maybe needyoutocometohellfiretomorrownight."
"Okay i got like the first part but you spoke weirdly on the last bit and I'm not sure if I heard you right?"
"I know what happened at lunch earlier annoyed you but I REALLY need you to come to hellfire tomorrow night. Lucas is playing the game and we need a sub for him and you're my last resort."