021

TW: mentions a parent with addiction/drug abuse

He set the guitar down onto my lap and I leaned my head back onto his shoulder. He smiled and for some reason, he looked even prettier from this angle. He kissed my neck lightly and tapped my thigh. "Come on Princess, it's not hard. Promise."

Eddie had been trying to teach me how to play from mid day, to around midnight and I just couldn't get the hang of it. Eddie was extremely patient, every time I got frustrated, annoyed or even if I just tensed up, he would kiss my shoulder lightly. "It's okay, just try again. Really focus on where you're putting your hands."

His hands covered mine and he helped guide me to the right places, showing me how to strum the guitar correctly with his other hand. Maybe I'd have learned way faster had it not been Eddie teaching me because all I was aware of was how we were so close that I could feel the heat radiating from his body, I could feel all of his muscles flex as he helped me move my hand up and down the neck of the guitar.

I was intoxicated with the feeling of being this close to him that it almost scared me.

Speaking of being intoxicated, Eddie hadn't smoked weed since I got back, which meant his high had worn off by now. His full and undivided attention was on me, and mine on him. The room was filled with a thousand unspoken words between the two of us, but the way we were sat, the way he held my hands and the way i looked at him, told us both everything we needed to know.

Eddie released my hands "Okay, now try to play that on your own!" He smiled looking down at me. I looked down at the guitar on my lap and back up, with a guilty look on my face. He sighed and shook his head "You gotta concentrate!"

"Eddie. I can literally only concentrate on your hands and you. I can feel your every move when we're sat like this." Eddie smiled but rolled his eyes. "Would you like me to move?" I shook my head rapidly and he nodded "Okay, then let's try again shall we. Come on I'm even trying to teach you how to play that song you love, what was it? Break my stride? I know it doesn't exactly sound the same as the actual song cuz the instrument is different but still..." Eddie really looked defeated, almost hurt that I wasn't listening to him.

"Eddie?" I turned to face him and continued speaking. "I'll listen. Let's just keep trying, okay?" He was silent for a minute. "Eds?" He instantly perked up, shocked that I'd just said his nickname. "Oh my god, Elaine, you said it! You actually said it!" He grabbed both sides of my face, looking between both my eyes.

"Mhm, well I know you like it, so." He laughed at me "All I can think of when you call me that now, is you throwing up on the side of the road." I groaned and moved away from his hands "Kay, you officially ruined the moment, come on let's just teach me this song yeah?" As I went to turn back around he grabbed my chin, pulling my face toward his. His eyes closed and then so did mine, he kissed me slowly and sweetly, like the first time and then pulled away.

"I wanted to that before, when you walked in with my guitar around your neck. If the group weren't here then k definitely would've." I turned back to face the guitar, face redder than the detailing on the body of it. Eddie leaned forward, Reston his chin on my shoulder. "Let's try this again."

The rest of the night had been filled with me and Eddie laughing at how horrible I was at the guitar, but he claimed through tears and knee slaps that I was getting better. 

At the end of it all, he put his guitar away and lay next to me in the boat with his arm under my head as a pillow. I lay on my side, facing him and playing with his pick necklace and tracing over his tattoos on his chest that only just peeked out from above his shirt.