022

Not one of Eddie's smartest ideas. So much for a sneaky getaway.

The boat started with a loud rumble, then a continuous whirring noise. I looked at Eddie in panic and he returned the same face. "Shit shit shit, Eddie. Look at the house." Jason and two of his friends came out, pointing out to us almost being in the middle of the lake.

"What the fuck do we do!" Just as I yelled, the engine stopped working and the teens were wading their way into the water. I turned around hitting the engine but to no avail, and the Basketball players were only getting closer.

Eddie sat down and grabbed an oar and began to row, the boys in the water quickly caught up to us, Eddie began to swing the oar at them, trying to keep them away from us. Because it was so dark, I don't think Jason saw my face straight away. When he did, he flipped out, hitting the boat repeatedly "Don't fucking hurt her Munson or I swear to God I'll kill you!"

"Jason, just leave us alone!" I was basically begging. "Elaine are you crazy? You've been gone for two days, and now you're with this murderer? He killed Chrissy!" I watched as Eddie's whole body tensed at the memory. "You couldn't even be more wrong! Like you said, I've been gone for two days! If he was gonna kill me he'd have done it by now!" I tried to talk sense into the blonde boy, but he was having none of it.

One of the Jasons friends, Patrick, who I know well from the team suddenly flew up into the air, bones cracking quickly, eyes popping. He hung there for a moment and then dropped. Eddie had stood up and wobbled falling off the boat completely in fear. "Fuck! Eddie!"

Jason looked between the two of us, and swam away, back to the house to call the police. I pulled Eddie back into the boat, almost toppling over into the water with him. I grabbed his face "Are you okay?" He had nothing but a blank look in his eyes, an expressionless face.

He took my hands off of his face, covering them with his own and resting his head on our hands. "Hey Eddie, come on we need to go." He sniffled and looked up letting out a small sob. My heart felt like it had been ripped out and stomped on. I got between Eddie's legs and gave him a hug, playing with the back of his hair.

"As much as I want to comfort you, Eds, we need to go before the police get here." He nodded into my shoulder and I moved away, finding and oar and rowing away from the horrible scene that had just taken place.

"Okay, we need to get into contact with the others." I spoke to Eddie as he pulled the boat up onto the mud at the side of Lovers Lake. "Did you leave the walkie talkie in the boat?" He shook his head giving a small "no" in response. "Shit, okay. That's fine. There should be a construction site nearby, they have walkie talkies. Let's go." I grabbed Eddie's hand pulling him through the woods.

"Hey my guitar is in the boat do you think it'll be okay if we leave it there?" Eddie questioned. Truth be told I was also concerned about that, but nobody should find it as long as we hurry. "Nah, I'm pretty sure it'll be okay there." I looked back at him smiling.

Upon arrival to the site Eddie immediately spotted what we were looking for. "Okay, you wait here I'll go grab the walkie talkie." I nodded at him and watched him sneak forward to grab it, running back with it in hand and hitting his arm on the portapotty next to him. I had to cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing and he shook his head.

We walked a bit further into the woods so we wouldn't be heard by anyone on the walkie talkie. "Hey Dustin? You there?" I spoke into the device waiting for a reply. "Dustin? Do you copy?" I rolled my eyes knowing that that's what he was waiting for me to say. "Yes I do copy, whats up."

"Let's start to walk to skull rock, we can wait in there for them to come to us." Eddie whispered and i nodded, continuing to speak to Dustin. "We're headed to skull rock, another person just died. We need to figure this out and fast. Who knows who's next."

"Okay we're coming now. Sit tight. Be careful. Also, if you get possessed, play your favourite song." I furrowed my eyebrows "Elaine if I know you at all, then I know you're thinking about questioning me. Just don't. If you get possessed then play your favourite song. Either that or play it constantly to stop yourself from being taken."

I look at Eddie and he pulls out my Walkman with my "Break my stride" tape in. panic set in, and fast. "Dustin! Dustin!" I shouted through the walkie talkie "Dustin I don't have a favourite song!" When there was no answer after a few minutes I gave up.

"Eddie, what the fuck am I going to do?" Eddie looked at me confused, "I thought this was your favourite song?" He held up the tape that was in my Walkman just minutes ago. "No! I just really like it, it's not my favourite, I could get sick of it really easily. You don't get sick of something if it's your favourite thing!" Eddie nodded, agreeing with me.

"This is why you should listen to metal. You'd 100% have a favourite song if you listened to metal, just sayin'." Wait, hold on. "Eddie, do you have your tapes?" He pointed toward the two bags on his back. "Duh." Rolling my eyes, I grabbed his shoulders and turned him around, rooting through the bag for a tape that I was just praying was in here.

That's when I spotted it. I pulled out the tape and Eddie turned around quickly, not even letting me close the bag. His eyes lit up when he saw the tape in my hand "BLACK SABBATH?!" I smiled at Eddie and put the tape in my Walkman, sliding the headphones around my neck but clicking play so that I could still hear it. "Heaven and Hell" played loudly through my headphones.

"You. Elaine Henderson, like Black Sabbath?" He questioned with a huge grin on his face. "Yeah, well. This song i do, my dad was a really big metalhead and this one always reminds me of him." I returned Eddie the grin and began walking again, causing Eddie to jog to catch up with me. "Your Dad had good taste if he liked these guys, seriously." I looked down at the floor and continued walking, Eddie putting his arm around my shoulder and walking with me like that.

When we eventually got to skull rock, the group was already there. Dustin and Steve we arguing about something as per usual and Robin, Max, Lucas and Nancy were all just watching them.

"How can skull rock be north if when we were going north we were going AWAY from it!" "Steve, the map said north! I was just following what the map said!" "Yeah well your stupid map is wrong!"

"Uh, guys?" I said "What are you arguing about? Wait no. Don't answer that. Doesn't matter."

"Elaine, Eddie! You guys aren't dead!" Dustin hugged me and Eddie, a smile raising on both of our faces. Once he let go I walked over to Max and gave her a hug. "Missed you, ginge." "Missed you too you idiot."

"Okay we have a lot to fill you in on, Eddie will do the honours." I said, reaching an arm out toward Eddie. The group fell silent as he explained what happened. From the start to the end.

Dustin was pacing around behind us. "Is he okay? Hes not been cursed right?" Eddie said, pointing toward the younger boy. "He's ok, just literally mental." "I mean, are you sure cause-"

"BOOM!" Dustin yelled loud enough for anyone in within a ten mile radius to hear. "Bada, bada, boom."

_____________
I'M WRITING A STEVE FIC!!!! I figured that if I maybe get too bored of writing the storyline for this one, I could switch to my Steve fic which is going to be less based on the storyline of s3/4 with scenarios from s1 but definitely loosely based on it. Once I have the first chapter written I'm gonna upload it so if you like Steve then be on the lookout for that <333 (possibly... tonight...)