008

"Uh, no. I cant say I have. Sorry, Princess but I'll let ya know if I do see something like that. I'm sure I won't miss it." He gives a toothy grin and walks away. I'll definitely have to ask Dustin about it later. He'll 100% know, he's into nerdy shit like this.

Spoiler alert, I never actually got to ask Dustin about it because he was in such a terrible mood when he got in the car to come home, Eddie had started his new campaign and one of the new enemies was going to be unbeatable or something, i don't know. I didn't really pay attention to what he was whining about.

Sitting in my bed, I racked my brain about what to say to Chrissy before I went to Eddie's. I know I have to tell her about Jason and him so, I turned down Material Girl by Madonna and decided to call her. I didn't really know what to say to her at this moment in time about Jason but I should probably just tell her the truth. Its not that I don't want her to know, it's just that I don't want her to get hurt, I want her to stay the ray of sunshine that she is.

I pick up the red phone by my bed and dial her number, lying back down whilst the cord stretched out like an elastic band to reach where I was. Hearing the phone ring made my heart race, i was nervous. I didn't want her to blame me for Jason's dickishness, I didn't want her to be upset with me.

"Hello hello! This is Chrissy speaking!" A smile rose to my face instantaneously after hearing my best friends voice. "Hey Chris. It's me, your favourite friend ever. I have a lot to fill you in on." I could almost hear the smile on her face that probably matched my own. "Oh my god, how was Hellfire? I walked past after the game but didn't stop because I thought everyone had left, then I walked out and saw Eddie's van! Were you still there with them?"

"Yeah. Yeah I was, he ended up giving me a ride home." I face palmed myself because I knew I just needed to say what had happened. Delaying it would only cause problems later if she found out. "Okay so spill! I feel like you're not telling me everything."
"We saw Jason. Well, more like Jason barged in on us after all the kids had left." She gasped loudly "WAIT. Walked IN on you? Like IN IN?" My jaw hit the floor. "God no, Chrissy. Me and Eddie weren't doing anything." But when I thought back on it, I remember the feeling between us, it didn't feel like we were really arguing. "Jason must have thought something was going on because when he burst through the door he was angry. Really, really angry, Chrissy." I continued.

There was nothing but silence on her end for about a minute. "Okay, so what happened? Why was he angry?" I sighed and looked at my ceiling, wondering how to word it. "Well basically he was ranting and raving about how Eddie better not have touched me and he like pinned him up against the wall with his arm."

"Okay now I'm really confused but also concerned for Eddie, i didn't see him today. Is he okay?"
"Yeah Chrissy he's fine, well about as fine as anyone can be after getting pretty much beat up by Jason."
"What? He beat Eddie up! You're joking? Why?"
"Okay, he beat Eddie up, no I'm not joking and it's because Eddie said something that I'm assuming he didn't like."

Silence again. "Eddie's always saying things Jason doesn't like." Her voice was small, the exact opposite to what it was when she answered the phone. "What did he say this time that was so different to all the other instances..."
"Chrissy-"

"Elaine. Tell me what he said or so help me god I will put this phone down on you right now and call Jason to ask him myself." Her voice was stern but not really angry, more playful than anything.
I laughed lightly. "Okay well, he said that Jason well..." I looked down at my hands and saw Eddie's faded number on my hand from the night before and then his ring. "He said that Jason likes me, and that's why he was so mad, then Jason punched him in the stomach. Basically winded him and told him to know his place."

Chrissy was silent again, then I heard a small sniffle and her voice spoke at the volume of barely a whisper. "Sorry i have to um, i have to go. I'll call you later." Then the phone went flat. I don't think she took that too well, i wouldn't either if I thought my boyfriend liked my best friend. I'd have to call her later.

Looking at my hand, i dialled eddies number. He answered almost immediately. "Hey. To whom do I owe the pleasure?" I laughed and said "Stop acting posh, Eddie. It's just me. Just letting you know that I'm gonna leave my house in a sec but I need your address." He sighs and then gives me his address then told me not to judge him, to which I replied I would never. We said our goodbyes and i put my phone down.

Dustin comes running into my room "ELAINE."
"DUSTIN." I yell back, returning the same energy. "Why didn't you tell me about the fight between Jason and Eddie?" He stood in my doorway with his hands on his hips. He spends too much time with Harrington. I walk past him and flick his hat off. "Stop listening in when I'm on the phone with my friends weirdo. I didn't tell you about it because I didn't know if Eddie wanted you to know, it's also none of your business."

I heard Dustin grumble about something as he walked into his room but I grabbed my mom's car keys and my house keys and walked out to the car to go to Eddies. Its a good job I know Hawkins like the back of my hand or I probably would've gotten lost on the way to his trailer. As I pulled up I turned off the car and thought about what I was doing and if I really wanted to get into these hard drugs but all I could think about was that clock and I needed to think about something else. Anything else.

I got out of the car and worked up the courage to walk up to his door, I look around me and see a girl feeding a dog, too far away for me to make out who she was so I guessed it'd be fine and knocked on the door anyway. When he answered he was wearing his Hellfire shirt and black, blue and white checkered pants that hung low on his waist, his hair was in a low bun with pieces falling out. He was wearing my scrunchie. I smiled at him "Nice hair." I laughed and raised my eyebrows. "Shut up." He moved to the side "Are you coming in or do you wanna stand out there in the cold?" He said sarcastically. Jeez, what's up with him.

"Oh well i just thought that you'd like give it to me and I'd go so-"
"Yeah, no. You've clearly never done any drugs other than weed and this is hard shit. I'm not letting you do it for the first time on your own so come in." He gestured with his hand for me to come inside. "Plus I haven't found it yet" he mumbled under his breath. I stepped into his home and just kinda stood there awkwardly, playing with his ring that was on my middle finger. "Cool that's fine, how long do the effects last anyways? Cause like ya know, strict uh- strict mom after all." A small, nervous giggle left my mouth and he looked at me suspiciously

"Shoes off, sit down." I did as he said, took my shoes off and sat down on his couch, he sat next to me with his legs crossed and facing me, I copied him and he gave a light chuckle. "Okay seriously, Elaine. Do you want to do this or not. I know you asked me and not the other way around but you seem too scared for someone who really wants to do this."

He leaned forward a little bit more toward me and rested his head on his fist. "Yeah, I do. I'm just nervous cause I've never done Special K before." He nodded lightly, hair moving with him. "Wait here. Oh and by the way," he spun around on his heel "the high can last a different amount of time depending on how you use it and how much you use. I'll talk you through all that when I get it though." He turned back around in the same fashion and walked away to find it.

I watched him get up and do a little jog to go look for the drugs. I don't think I had ever been so nervous about doing something before. I started to feel sick, dizzy, lightheaded. I stood up and paced for a second to try and wake my body up, or at least I thought it would. "Eddie? You got it yet?" Silence. "Eddie?"

Then, the chime of a clock.

___________
Please ignore any mistakes, I'm gonna try to get another chapter out tonight!