016

"Try us."

(I wrote this listening to consume by Chase Atlantic on repeat if y'all wanna listen to that while u read!)

I looked at the back of Max's head, confused. Steve looked behind him and beckoned me to come closer. "You're gonna wanna hear this, Elaine." I looked at him and then at Eddie. Eddie looked just as puzzled as I did.
I walked over and sat criss-crossed in front of Steve but stayed behind Dustin. Steve put his hands on my shoulders and Dustin grabbed my hand, mouthing the words sorry to me. What did he have to be sorry for?

As Eddie spoke, everyone else listened intently. He told them about me, the clock I heard in the woods, my 'possession' then talked about Chrissy, her being frightened in the woods, asking for drugs and then, her death. The entire time I wanted to puke. If I hadn't gotten out, I would have died?

Dustin looked at me, a mix of sadness and anger on his face. "You didn't tell me about this?" He never let go of my hand. "We'll i didn't think you'd believe me." I looked at the floor in shame as I felt everyone's eyes on me. "Steve, did you know about this?" Steve looked around and then pointed at himself.

"Me? Well uh- yes but- in my defence, she told me just before we left Family Video." Dustin flung his head back and groaned. "Eddie, we believe you." Eddie laughed and hit his leg, hard, making me jump. "Don't bullshit me man. I know how this sounds, I know how fucking crazy I sound." Watching him break down made me think that maybe he is telling the truth, he's just scared. Like he was with me.

"We're serious. We do." Max spoke with sincerity in her voice. "Oh yeah? Then why is Elaine jumping out of her god damn skin every time I move!"

"Eddie..."
"Elaine i don't wanna hear it right now." He snapped his head away from Max and looked straight at me. This time I didn't look away. I got up and sat in front of Dustin. "I was scared. I just lost my best friend. I could be next. I don't wanna argue, you don't scare me." Eddie laughed "Stop contradicting yourself."

I don't move. "Okay we'll explain everything. Elaine, listen up and don't freak out." Dustin looked at me, silently questioning me if I can handle whatever he was about to tell me. I nodded and sat next to Eddie, putting my hand on his for his comfort, but also my own. He looked down and moved his hand away from mine, resting it on his leg.

As Dustin explained everything that happened, with Will, El, Hopper, Joyce, Steve, Robin, him and the other boys, the Russians and the upside down, I struggled to keep up. But I understood every word that was coming out of his mouth.

When he was done, I looked at everyone else for confirmation and they said nothing, just nodded. "So you're telling me, that my brother was involved in all of this and almost died multiple times and not one of you thought to tell me? Any time he walked out of my front door could've been the last time I'd ever have seen him, and none of you said a fucking word!" I started to raise my voice but Eddie was silent. Everyone was silent.

"Great. I'm sorry but I cant be around you guys right now. How dare you." As I spoke they all looked st the floor, ceiling and walls, anywhere but me. I walked away toward the boat and looked out to the water, hearing them whisper about how I need time. Then I heard footsteps.

Dustin sat next to me, putting his hat on my head and leaned his head on my shoulder. "You know, I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to die, right? This stuff isn't a joke, it's serious and people have already lost their lives. I don't want you to lose yours." Dustins tone of voice was jarring because of how serious he was.

"Did you ever stop to think that maybe I'd feel the same way? Did you ever think that maybe you could die too? Dustin me and mom already lost dad, we can't lose you too." Dustin sniffled at the side of me but let out a small laugh.

"I thought about that every time I went out there. Sure it was cool saving Hawkins, but we were saving everyone. Saving you, saving mom and everyone else in this town." I smack his head lightly. "Next time you're playing real life DND, let me know. Idiot."

Dustin took his head from my shoulder, around his eyes and nose were red. "I'm letting you know now. This time I have to, because i really am saving your life, and you're gonna owe me big time after this." He laughed, only Dustin could turn a life threatening situation into a fun time. I look back at my friends talking, strategising and in this moment I realise how lucky I am. These people are risking their lives to save mine.

I pull Dustin into a hug and give him the biggest noogie ever. He slaps my arm repeatedly to get me off of him and when I let go he smiles at me. "I promise that if we make it out of this, I'll tell you everything from now on." I grin at him. "Yeah, me too."

We walk back over to the group and they all look up at us, waiting for me to say something "I'm still pissed at you guys, but I don't wanna die hating you all so we'll forget it until after we fuck whatever this thing is up." Everyone looks at each other and then smiles, jumping up and suffocating me in a group hug.

"Okay guys let go! Please! I cant breathe!" Everyone moves and then Steve claps loudly, making us jump. "Let's figure out what we're gonna do about our wanted friend here." Steve did finger guns at Eddie and smiled. "Never do that again Harrington, or I will kill you." Eddie smiled sarcastically. "Right sorry." His hands flew back down to his sides.

______________
i just HAD to put a sibling moment in there I love them 🥲also I am PUMPING OUT CHAPTER AFTER CHAPTER TN UNTIL I FALL ASLEEP SO STAY TUNED!!!! Time: 12:24AM