007

Possibly not my best idea but it sounded like a clock, and what was a clock doing in the middle of the woods?

Seriously, what the hell was going on. I couldn't seem to find with clock anywhere, I'd been walking for around 10 minutes in the direction I could've sworn I heard it.

5 more minutes of walking had gotten me to a bench, and there, embedded into the tree. A grandfather clock, with intricate gold laced around the outside of the Roman numerals, standing out against the full brown of the tree and clock itself. For a clock that was outside, it wasn't weathered at all, no moss or dirt to be seen and everything was fully intact. It then began to crack, and it chimed loudly causing me to jump and take 3 large steps back.

I back up into something hard, making me scream and turn around with my fists clenched, ready to protect myself against whatever was behind me.

"Eddie? What the fuck! What are you doing?" He held his hands up to show that he wasn't gonna hurt me, that was when I spotted my scrunchie I had given him the night before. "Sorry, i didn't mean to scare you. I followed you out here because we haven't really spoken and- yeah well uh," his eyes darted to his wrist frantically, and he pulled the scrunchie off quickly. "THIS! I followed you to uh give you this, yeah. That's why."

I slowly raised an eyebrow at him and laughed under my breath. I waved my hand at him "You can keep it, it looked better on you anyway. You should consider taking cheer, I'm sure our tiny skirts would suit you too" my voice shook from what I had witnessed a second ago, I turned my head to the tree where the clock had been. Key word, had. It was gone. When I looked back at Eddie with furrowed brows and he returned a look as equally concerned.

"Are you okay? You seemed freaked out when I got here" I didn't say anything. I just stared at him, I wonder if he saw it too. When I finally snapped out of being zoned out, Eddie was walking at the side of me with his hands on my shoulders, sitting me down at the wooden picnic bench. "Hey Eddie." He acted scared and then sat down, taking off his jacket and setting down his lunch box, that definitely didn't have lunch in it. "Oh God, she speaks!" He smiles "I'm kidding, what's up?"

I start to pick at my nails and he puts one of his rings on the table in front of me. "It might not fit, but i pick at my nails when I'm nervous too- well I did, until I started wearing my rings. They help me so maybe they can help you? I dunno- sorry." I take the ring and slide it on, its bigger but not by much, I start to slide it around on my finger and look back up. "I don't normally ask you for drugs, because you know my brother but, do you have anything in there? I'll buy it i don't care its just, I feel strange lately. I wanna take my mind off of it."

His eyebrows raise at me and I shake my head "Sorry stupid to ask you that, of course you won't." He laughs at me "D'you really think I'd charge you, Elaine? You're nicer to me than all the other jerks who want to buy weed off of me, if you ask me again after this though, you'll definitely be paying." He winks at me and I feel way more at ease. "Uh yeah sure but I don't mean weed. Do you have anything stronger?"

His jaw drops slightly but he nods his head lightly, his hair shaking at the side of his face. "Well yeah but not on me, i don't exactly carry that stuff around." I frown slightly at him. "But, if you wanted to come to my trailer I uh, I have it there." My frown turns into a smile and I nod. "After school yeah?" He nods and goes to walk away, but I'm not done with him yet.

"Eddie!" He spins quickly and dramatically. "Yes?"
"When you got here, did you see a clock. It was basically right above where I'm sat, embedded into the tree?" He looks at me like I'm crazy. "Sorry! Its just like a rumour and thats why I came out here." Lie. "You haven't seen a tree like that anywhere have you?"

"Uh, no. I cant say I have. Sorry, Princess but I'll let ya know if I do see something like that. I'm sure I won't miss it." He gives a toothy grin and walks away. I'll definitely have to ask Dustin about it later. He'll 100% know, he's into nerdy shit like this.

_________________
aaaaaaaand the weather is back to normal!!! Short chapter just as a filler, probably a new one coming tomorrow! I cant wait to get back to properly uploading to this for you all <33

Enjoy Eddie Nation!🫶🏻🦇
Plus a bonus pic of Eddie because wtf I love this picture.

Enjoy Eddie Nation!🫶🏻🦇Plus a bonus pic of Eddie because wtf I love this picture