006

I put my key in the door and walk to my room, not in the mood to do anything, bliss was ruined once again when Dustin jumped on my bed and bombarded me with questions.

"Seriously, not right now Dustin." I put my hands over my face and slid them down, resting them on my chest. "How did you get home?" I rolled my eyes. "Eddie drove me." Dustin looked at me like I had just killed his puppy. "He drove you? Really?" He whisper yelled so that he wouldn't wake Mom "yeah, big whoop. What about it?"
"Elaine, I've never even been in his van. He always tells me to get Steve to pick us up from Hellfire." I leaned up on my elbows to look at my brother. "Doesn't mean shit, Dustin. I lost track of time and Mom must have thought I came home with you guys so she left. I had no other way to get home so he drove me." Dustin shook his head and with a small "You don't get it." He left my room in a huff, making a big deal out of something so small.

I put my head back down on my pillow and sleep washed over me like hot water from a shower after a long day. I dreamt of nothing.

When I woke up, it was to the sound of my bedside phone ringing and it was still dark. I looked at my clock in the corner of the room, 3AM. Who on Gods green earth was calling me at 3AM. I pick up the red phone and put it to my ear, muttering a small "Hello?" At first, nobody spoke then a voice rang through the other end of the line. "Hey, Henderson. It's Eddie." My eyes widened and i looked back at the clock.

"Eddie? Its 3AM, did you only just get home?" Eddie laughed and said "Nah I was just busy for a bit, I thought I should still call in case you were like, worried or anything but it sounded like you were sleeping. Sorry for waking you." I smiled but mentally face palmed myself because I fell asleep before he could call. "No no, I'm not sleeping it's just late! I don't wanna wake anyone in the house." I swear I could almost hear Eddie's cocky grin through the phone "Okay Elaine, so you're telling me you were up until 3AM waiting for me to call?"
"You wish, Munson. I just couldn't sleep."
"Mhm sure. Listen, I'm gonna go and let you get back to 'not being able to sleep' kay?"
"Mkay. Later Eddie."

I put the phone down and flop back over onto my back, staring at my ceiling I wonder if he'll talk to me tomorrow in school. I don't know how I'd feel if he did. Jason wouldn't like it, Chrissy might not mind and I know everyone else I've made connections with don't like Eddie or even my brother which is why I don't speak to either of them during school hours, neither me, Dustin or Eddie have ever tried to. We come from different levels of popularity, people would look down on me.

I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to just get ready for school. Lord knows I needed to, I smelled like weed from head to toe and I slept in my makeup and cheer uniform. Luckily today was Wednesday so we definitely wouldn't have practice, so I put on some denim shorts, a black chunky belt and a sweater, of course I had my Walkman and my headphones too. (Outfit inspo from Pinterest at the top of the page!) I slid on a few of my favourite chunky silver rings and my necklace that had an E on it, for Elaine. I packed my bag for school which consisted of my books, pens and some lunch. When I looked at the clock it was pretty much time to leave.

"Hey mom!" I peeked my head around the door "Can i drive your car to school please?" She turned around to face me and she had a face mask on and a towel around her head "Of course hon, keys are on the coffee table" i flashed a smile, thanked her and grabbed the keys, running out to the car. "Dustin! Do you need a ride or no?" I yelled out to my brother, who had started to grab his bike from the garage. His face lit up and he basically sprinted to the car, opening the passenger seat and getting in. "Wait. You can have a ride as long as we don't talk about last night. You're not making it into something it wasn't. Me and Eddie aren't even friends"

He side eyed me, but nodded nonetheless and held his hands up "In my defence, I wasn't even thinking about asking you about it." I rolled my eyes and started the car, putting my tape, causing 'cherry bomb' to play loudly through the car. My fingers tapped the wheel to the beat, remembering that Eddie also did the same thing when a song came on that he liked. I'm not sure if Dustin noticed, but he never said anything. Everyone taps the wheel anyways, I'm just overthinking it.

I pull up to school and park, dustin jumping out as soon as he see's Mike, barely even stopping to thank me for the ride. "Uh yeah! You're welcome nerd!" I yelled, to which he flipped me off. I turn off the engine and get out, making my way to the entrance of the school.

School ran by pretty fast, Eddie didn't speak to me or even look at me, not even to ask me for an answers in class which is what he usually does. At lunch, I sat with Jason, Chrissy, Lucas and the rest of the team and he sat with the hellfire boys. Not one of them spoke to me or gestured me over to talk to them, I didn't think anything would change but at least a hi would be nice. Especially after I risked my place on the cheer squad for them.

"So Elaine, why weren't you at the game yesterday?" Jason was the first person to ask about it, everyone else probably not thinking twice about it. "I dunno, I just felt sick so I went home." I didn't have to try to convince him, he already knew where I was which means he was just trying to embarrass me. It wouldn't work. "Ohh, you went home? That's weird because I could've sworn I saw you after the game at-" I slammed my hands down on the table. "One more word out of your mouth Jason, and I'll tell everyone at this table your dirty little secret, yeah?"

This is definitely about what Eddie said to him at Hellfire, I have no idea if it's true or not but he seemed to understand what I was talking about. His jaw clenched as he probably quite literally bit his tongue on the matter. I looked at Chrissy who seemed upset that she was out of the loop, he is her boyfriend after all. I wrote her a small note saying 'I'll tell you about what happened later, meant to call last night but forgot. Sorry. Love you'
As she read the note, she nodded toward me in approval and got up. I felt bad about it but I hope this doesn't cause something between us, all because Jason is a pig.

Lunch went pretty smoothly and after that I had a free period to study for my finals. I went to the woods instead to smoke, well I had intended to. I heard a weird chime noise somewhere off in the distance, I decided to follow it.

Possibly not my best idea but it sounded like a clock, and what was a clock doing in the middle of the woods?

_____________
Oh no she's been vecna-fieddddd... Or has she🤨
This chapter is kinda bad sorry, hopefully the next one is better :p