027

Elaine was breathing.

(wrote this listening to Movies by Conan Gray if anyone was wondering.)

Elaine's Point Of View
A wave of air rushed through my body, then a searing pain all over. There was an overly loud ringing in my ears as I came around and tried to open my eyes, no such luck. Honestly, I thought I might be dead. Then I heard Robin and Eddie sigh in relief.

"Okay well- what should we do now?" Eddie spoke, his voice shook. He was clearly worried, that must mean my injuries are bad, if not severe. "We'll we need to stop the bleeding otherwise she'll pass out from blood loss. Or worse, how far is your trailer from here and does it have any medical shit in it?" Robins words came out fast but she was not fumbling them as she normally does, she was confident.

"My trailer isn't far but how do we get her there?" There was silence for a moment, they were clearly pondering what to do. "Piggyback." Was the only word i managed to choke out. I opened my eyes to see a grey sky filled with crackling, vibrant red lighting. Eddie rushed over and grabbed my hand. "You're awake? Oh my God I thought you were unconscious." I turned my head and my eyes met his. In that moment, I'm glad I didn't die. "Okay so I can definitely piggyback you there but I can't promise it'll be a painless ride." He smiled and tried to keep the mood light but it was obviously still very heavy after my very near death experience.

"I'll take anything at this point, I just feel like I'm dying." My breath was loud and raspy, it took very effort I had just to get a sentence out. "Okay, okay. Try not to speak because standing is gonna take a lot out of you." Robin said, lifting me up from under my armpits and helping me stand. They both were extremely careful, as if I were a fragile porcelain doll and as thankful as I was for that, I didn't care about it hurting. I just wanted to hurry up and get it over with so the pain didn't last longer than it had to.

Eddie crouched low and I wrapped my arms around his neck, he lifted me up and held the bottoms of my legs so I wouldn't slip. When he began walking I hissed in pain from the friction of his back against my wounds. He started to slow down his walking, as if he was going to stop. "Keep walking. Please. I just wanna get this over with." He nodded and i put my face into the back of his neck where his hair was, tears hitting his already wet hair.

He squeezed the bottom of my thigh, letting me know that he was aware of how I was feeling and that he was sorry. Robin put my hair up using my scrunchie that I'm assuming she got from Eddie and rubbed my back, trying but failing to comfort me. "I wonder why those bat things targeted you? Also I was 100% sure you were dead, no offence. Steve and Nancy have gone to her house and are gonna try to get in touch with the others, I'm pretty sure they're gonna tell Dustin that you're dead too and you know-"

"Robin! Are you finished?" Eddie scolded her and looked toward her general direction, I'm not sure how he looked at her but whatever it was made her hang her head in shame and apologise. I didn't have the energy to tell her it's ok. I didn't have the energy to listen. I just wanted to sleep off this goddamn pain.

It wasn't long before we got to Eddie's trailer. He put me down on the couch slowly and safely, making sure I had pillows underneath my head. He walked away whispering to Robin about something and I heard them rummaging around for a first aid kit. My wounds and bites from the bats burned and pulsed as I writhed in pain.

The pain was becoming unbearable. I just wanted to sleep. "No sleeping, dingus." My eyes shot open as Robins raspy voice rang through the trailer from Eddie's room. I chuckled lowly "How'd you guess?" Her head popped out from the side of the door frame. "Just luck."

I raised myself up so that I wasn't lying down but sitting upright. Eddie and Robin came back, stocked with bandages and disinfecting gel to clean cuts. "Damn, Munson. You run a pharmacy in here?" Eddie shook his head. "Ya never know when someone's gonna get eaten almost to death by demonic bats." He looked up at me with his huge eyes and his Cheshire Cat grin. He looked stupid. Cute? Yes. Stupid? Also yes.

"Okay, this is gonna hurt like a bitch but I'm really gonna need you to bear with me here Elaine. Don't move or at least try not to, the longer this takes the more blood you lose." Robin spoke with no more stutter, she oozed confidence just like before. I nodded and she gave me a wooden lollipop stick to bite on for the pain, to which i furrowed my brows and refused to believe that would help. She shrugged and set it down beside me.

I needed the damn lollipop stick.

—————————
Yes yes, I know it's short but short chapters are probably the best I can do right now :)
HI! LONG TIME NO CHAPTER ?!?!??? I have been meaning to upload but I started back at college and turned 18 so things have been busy. Thought I should upload considering Halloween is in, what? 2 days? 3 days? I dunno. How have you guys been I missed you!