020

"Well, maybe you two are birds of a feather, you just don't realise it yet." Max shrugged and turned back to my nightstand, messing with whatever she was before.

After packing myself a bag, me and max drive to Eddie's to pick up some of his stuff, praying that he wasn't in. I was still wearing Eddie's leather jacket which happened to have his key in which lucky for us.

I told Max to stay in the car, just in case anyone was home. I used the key to open the door and slowly peeled my head around, to find a man with a knife sat on the couch. My stomach dropped. I put my hands up immediately, signalling to Max watching from behind the car to say where she was. "Care to explain how you just used a key to get into my home?" He questioned.

"I know-" I cut myself off because I was wrong. "Me and Eddie are friends." He raised his eyebrow and looked me up and down, noticing Eddie's jacket. "Where did you get that?" He stood up and started walking toward me. "Eddie gave it to me. Listen, I know where he is, he's safe but he can't come home right now. You of all people must know that surely." I tried to convince him, unsure if it was working.

He put the knife down onto the kitchen side "You're also wearing his shirt, come in and sit down. Don't speak so loudly." I step in, giving Max a thumbs up and shutting the door behind me. "Mr Munson, the first thing I'm gonna say is please don't ask me to tell you where he is because I can't. It puts both you and him in danger if I do." He nodded as I sat down next to him, he understood me but was very obvious stressed, wiping his mouth, and bags under his eyes showing a long day and night of worrying about Eddie.

"Is he okay? Please tell me my boy is okay." Tears prickled at my eyes again for the second time that day. I nodded, "he's as good as he can be after what he saw, me and a few of my other friends are looking after him. Would you mind packing him a bag, ya know with the essentials? Maybe some of his tapes too?" I tried to smile as genuinely and as comfortingly as I could, he didn't say a word. Just got up and walked into the room at the very end of the hall.

I looked around the familiar trailer, but what wasn't so familiar was the gigantic mould-looking patch on the ceiling of the room, right in the centre. Chrissy. I got a lump in my throat and looked out the window, thinking about how this is the last room she saw.

Eddie's uncle left his room with two bags, one with clothes, toothpaste, a toothbrush, a hairbrush and deodorant, amongst other things he'd probably need. In the second bag there were tapes, a lot of them. He put them on the sofa next to me and walked back into Eddie's room, coming back out with the most beautiful electric guitar I've ever seen.

"Be careful with this, please. For your own sake, Eddie will murder you if it gets to him with even a scratch on it, and well... for my sake. If I never get to see him again, this will be my biggest and fondest reminder of him." I laugh and and take the guitar from him. "Of course I'll be careful, sir. Eddie never stops talking about this thing. "I miss my guitar this, I wanna play my guitar that." I said the last part mockingly, making the emotional man in front of me shake his head and chuckle.

"That boy will never change." I nod in agreement, slinging the two bags over my shoulder and walking out of the trailer, taking the key with me due to Wayne insisting, in case I ever needed it. I walked back to the car, putting the bags in the backseat and handing the guitar to Max. "Don't let that get even a scratch on it, okay?" I was stern, but not mean. I had to make sure nothing happened to it, if not for Eddie then for Wayne.

After all there is a possibility none of us will come back from this.

The entire drive back to Ricks was me driving fast and Max trying to make sure that Eddies guitar didn't hit anything which she was very successful in. I got out of the car and walked to Max's side, she handed me the guitar and grabbed all three of the bags out of the backseat, getting out and slamming the door.