004

"What the fuck do you think you're doing Munson?"

Eddie just grinned. The whole god damn school knows that this man is next level cocky, but this was plain idiocy. "Since when has what I do ever concerned you Jason? Unless of course I'm making a fool out of you in front of the whole school, well then-" I have never seen Jason move faster, not even when he's playing basketball. He ran to Eddie, slamming him into the wall where I just was by his neck, holding him there with his forearm.

"You better not have fucking touched her you freak." He spat in Eddie's face when he spoke, Eddie just laughed and wiped his face with his forearm. Is this man crazy? Does he have a death wish?

Not only that but why is Jason so concerned about me anyway, he's been acting weird since yesterday. "Jason, can you just get off of him? Jesus Christ." I could have sworn that his head turned 360° like an owls. I'm surprised his neck didn't snap. "You're defending this satanist?" To this, I rolled my eyes. Closed minded men like this don't only have a small brain, clearly they're overcompensating for something. "Are you kidding? I came here to sub for one of their friends in DND. What did you even think was going on in here?" Jason looked back between me and Eddie, still not moving his arm.

"I'm serious Jason, get the fuck off of him." I move closer to the two and go to move his arm but Eddie puts his hand on my shoulder and pushes lightly, eyes burning into me just like they had done on my final play in DND. "I don't want any trouble, we seriously weren't even doing anything. Plus aren't you dating Chrissy?" Eddie moves his eyes away from me and looks at the blonde boy in front of him, but not the same way he looked at me, now he looked like he was hiding anger behind a facade of fear.

He wiggles his eyebrows. "Someones got a crush on the Princess." Before Eddie could say any more Jason shuts him up with a swift, hard punch to his stomach. My heart drops at the same speed Eddie's knees buckle beneath him, Jason moves his arm and lets Eddie fall to his knees. I rush to Eddie and push Jason away causing him to barely even stumble, i shot him a dirty look and crouch next to Eddie to at least try to prevent Jason from kicking him. He looks down at the boy below him.

"Know your place freak, here in Hawkins we aren't too friendly to your kind." Eddie gives a sarcastic thumbs up and Jason turns to walk away. Chrissy is walking by the doorway, oblivious as to what's going on in the club room. Jason speeds to a light jog to catch up with her but I'm more worried about Eddie than them. I'd call Chrissy some other time and explain everything.

"Eddie." I say quietly "Eddie." A little louder than the last time. I put my hand on his back, causing him to flinch and tense up, but I don't move my hand. "I'm sorry, I feel awful." I take the scrunchie out of my hair that was basically there for appearances. "Can i uh, Can i move your hair out of the way?"
"What? What do you mean?" Is all I hear from the boy hunched over, using his hands for support. I laugh lightly at him and say "Well, you have a lot of hair, a leather jacket on and a denim jacket over the top. I'm sure it's hot under here." I wave my hand between his hands, to where I'm assuming he's looking. A laugh bubbles but other than that, silence.

Then a nod.

I slowly move behind him, carefully grabbing his hair from either side of his face and put it into a low bun at the back of his head. His hair is soft, very surprising considering it looks like he hasn't seen a brush for at least a month. My fingers run through his hair effortlessly, splitting his curls to try to make it the bun neat. I tap his head lightly to signal that I'm done and move back to his side. He's upright now and i question why Eddie doesn't normally tie his hair back.

Somehow it framed his face perfectly, his eyes now popped a whole lot more than usual and his jawline looked sharp enough to cut steel. "Jeez take a Polaroid it'll last longer." His ears were lightly tinted red. "Sorry." I mumble, he raised his eyebrow and looked around the room. "Hey Princess? What time is Mother Dearest picking you up?" He spoke in a posh accent, a poor attempt at being funny.
"Uhhhhhh about 8:30 why?"

Eddie's eyes widen and he stands up, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. He doesn't let go until we're out of the school doors and in the parking lot. "You shouldn't be stood up running about when you just got fucking winded by Jason like-" He moves behind me and grabs my chin, turning my head toward the almost empty parking lot, only car being what I'm assuming is Eddie's van. He places his hands on my shoulders and leans down next to my ear. "Can you worry about yourself for a second?" Realisation sets in that it's probably way past 8:30, and then panic. As I'm ranting and mumbling about how I'm going to die on my walk home Eddie leans against his van observing me.

"Shut up!" He yells "Jesus H Christ." I look at him angrily, I could've sworn I had smoke coming out of my ears. "How can you tell me to calm down? How am I going to get home Eddie?" I'm talking frantically and fast, does he not care that I'm going to have to WALK. HOME. IN THE DARK. "I'm not letting you walk, I'll just give you a ride." He throws a cigarette and lighter at me and tucks a fallen piece of hair into the bun I had done for him. "Can you just have a cig and chill the fuck out, what kinda person do you think I am? Just cause we don't like each other doesn't mean I want you to like, die on your way home or anything."His words stung slightly, but he's right. We aren't friends, we can't be.

It was fun to pretend for a night though.

"You're right. Sorry." I put the cigarette to my mouth but struggled with his lighter, it wasn't the ones that I used, it had a weird spinny thing in which made it almost impossible to work. He rolled his eyes and took the lighter from me and worked it effortlessly, the orange glow lit both of our faces up in the dark as he lit my smoke for me.

He went back to leaning on his car and tapped the hood for me to do it too, i did as he wanted me to and he plucked the cigarette from my mouth, taking a few drags of his own and then passing it back to me. He pushed me lightly to the side "Get in we don't have all night. Ya never know, the big bad wolf might come get us if we wait around any longer." He smiled, all of his teeth on show. "Oh yeah? And how do I know you're not the big bad wolf?" He looked at me and smiled even larger, if that was possible.

"You don't." With a wink in my direction he got in his car and turned on the engine, Iron Maiden playing so loudly that it could've burst the speakers. As soon as he put his hands on the wheel, i could see his fingers immediately start tapping the wheel, the chunky rings on his fingers glinting in the light.
Tonight was going to be a long night, but maybe that wasn't such a bad thing.

______________
I feel like this chapter sucked ass I'm sorry🥲
I HAD to incorporate Eddie with his hair tied up to set something up for later plus I love the hc's ab his s/o doing his hair for him.