005

"You don't." With a wink in my direction he got in his car and turned on the engine, Iron Maiden playing so loudly that it could've burst the speakers. Tonight was going to be a long night, but maybe that wasn't such a bad thing.

As I got into Eddie's van the first thing I noticed was the mess and made a mental note to get Dustin to tell him to clean it, the second thing I noticed were the joints in the cup holders of the van. There was easily 20 there, how much weed did this guy smoke? My eyes lingered on them because they were all rolled perfectly, all the same size and length, clearly rolled by an experienced smoker.

Eddie must've noticed me looking and said "If you want one, have one." I narrowed my eyes at him "And the catch is..."
"You have to help me smoke one while I drive" he flashed a smirk in my direction but quickly got his eyes back on the road. "Whatever, open the windows, I don't wanna hotbox your car when youre in the middle of driving."

Eddie laughed at my response, even though I had no idea what was funny "I don't think you could hotbox a ring box Princess, just light the damn joint." I shake my head and add that to the mental list I've created of all the rude things he said to me today but I obliged. I grabbed his lighter and lit it, causing him to cheer sarcastically and put his hands over his heart. "You learned how to use a lighter! They grow up so fast!" To this i laughed, because it was actually funny and then I hit his arm lightly. "Stop watching me and keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel dipshit, the whole point of you driving me home was so that I don't die on my way."
"As you wish." He looked away from me and put both hands back on the wheel.

Holy shit. I'm smoking weed in Eddie Munsons van, WITH Eddie Munson. What the fuck? I lean against the door and inhale the smoke, trying not to think about how if you would have told me this yesterday I'd have laughed at you. "Hey don't hog it." Eddie whined, I hold the joint out to him which was now half way burnt down and he looked over at me like I was stupid. "I told you you gotta help me smoke it, put it in my mouth and hold it there so I can take a drag!" I laughed at his comment and he shook his head, knowing what I was thinking and through half lidded eyes i leant over to Eddie and put the joint in his mouth.

The van began to cloud over too much and I was getting extremely light headed, I didn't even know how Eddie could possibly even see the road because of all the smoke. "Hey Eds, can you open the windows. I feel like I'm suffocating." Eddie stopped the car and looked at me, his bun falling low because my scrunchie didn't offer much support. "What did you say?" I looked back at him like he was stupid "Are you deaf?" I spoke agonisingly slowly, just to make fun of him "Open. The. Windows." He rolled his eyes that were as red as the demon on his Hellfire shirt, "No before that. What did you call me?"

I tried to think but my memory was failing me. I felt like I was gonna throw up. "Eddie I'm serious please open the windows." I got nothing but a blank stare, he was clearly waiting for my answer to his last question. "Eddie. I called you Eddie."
"No you didn't."
"Okay what did I call you then?" Now he was narrowing his eyes at me "Eds. You called me Eds."

If i was being completely honest, I cant remember anything from after I put that joint in his mouth. I opened the van door and jumped out, hand over my mouth and ran to the drivers side where the woods were. Yup, I threw up. This is embarrassing. Eddie hopped out of the van after me and grabbed my hair. He began to rub my back and I shooed his hands away. "I told you to open the windows!"

I stand back up straight and look at him, his brows furrowed in confusion and worry, then a smile raised as though a puppeteer pulled on the strings of his mouth and he boomed out the loudest laugh I have ever heard. "Oh my god!" He held the sides of his stomach and was basically doubled over. "You threw up! I cant believe you threw up!"

"Yeah yeah, laugh it up Munson, cause this is so funny." I was still totally baked, I could barely open my eyes. Let's just hope my Mom doesn't notice. "Just get in the car and drive me home, I hate you so bad." Eddie continued laughing but did as he was told and when we got in the car he rolled down the windows, side eyeing me the entire time.

The rest of the drive home was filled with us just laughing at how I actually threw up, he said that he knew 100% I couldn't keep up with him. "In my defence, I did tell you something was up." My cheeks hurt from laughing so much and Eddie had slowly started to go silent, drumming his fingers against the wheel of his car and stealing glances at me whenever he could.

"Your not-so-humble abode, Princess." I looked up from where I was leaning my head against the door and saw that none of the lights were on, other than in Dustins bedroom. "Thanks for the ride, Eddie. I appreciate it, not the throwing up though." He nodded his head in response to me, then said "So, no more Eds?" I shake my head and open the door, I hop out of the car and just before I close it I replied. "I was high, I can't even remember calling you it." I smiled and closed the door, walking up the path to my house.

I hadn't heard Eddie's van move yet, so I turned around to see what was up and when I did I saw him looking at me leaning on his hand. He then made a shoo-ing gesture at me, and I realised that he was making sure I got in okay. I ran back down the path to him. "Do you have a pen, Munson?" He looked confused but nodded regardless and rummaged around his car, he pulled out a sharpie and passed it to me.

I grabbed his hand and wrote down my number. "Call me when you get home, just so i know you're good." He looked at me weirdly but nodded and said "This doesn't make us friends, you know that right." It stung, more this time than the first time. "I know, just 'cause we're not friends doesn't mean I want you to like, die on your way home or anything." I quoted him and he laughed and shook his head. I ran back up the path and waved, to which he waved back slightly and drove away.

I put my key in the door and walk to my room, not in the mood to do anything, bliss was ruined once again when Dustin jumped on my bed and bombarded me with questions.

______________
Quick question,
What are your opinions on shifting? 🫶🏻