The Author - Part 3

"It's a fictional novel, Gabriel. I have only been writing, what people like to read. There is no deeper meaning behind it!", she gushed out in shock.

"Really? You were rather quick to deny it, Nath!", he grinned.

"Sir, I...."

She buried her face in her hands, shaking her head as she did.

Gabriel chuckled, then cussed again.

"Damn it. Why does laughing hurt? But seriously, Nathalie, I don't see any problem in sharing a bed. You didn't mind when you were recovering from being Mayura!", he said calmly.

The young woman shrugged.

"I don't, Gabriel, I simply didn't want to make things awkward between us. After knowing, that you have been reading my book and then after admitting to you, that I am the author of it..... I don't know, I maybe got carried away in my mind!"

He quirked an eyebrow to that.

"Carried away, huh?", he questioned with a curious expression on his face, "how am I supposed to understand that? Carried away like, oh fuck, what if he's some pervert who took the things from the story too serious or rather like, I wouldn't mind, if he would try some of those things, I just don't want to get used. Third option, you would like to get into the matter, but you don't want to ruin our friendship or make me feel guilty because of my deceased wife. Which one of those is it, Nathalie?"

She choked at her own reply, as she felt his intense stare on her. She also could see him checking her out from head to toe and back, his eyes lingering on her breasts for a moment.

"Gabriel, I think you hid your head harder than I thought and should urgently lie down again. Come, let me take you over there, so you can get more comfortable!"

He let her help him to his feet, then walked, supported by her arm around his waist, the few steps towards the old fashioned double bed, to be nudged down on the mattress with his bottom. Before he could react any further, she had even grabbed his feet and placed them on the bed too.

Gabriel grabbed her wrist before she could step away from him completely and pulled her close, to then pat onto the mattress right in front of him, as he scooted a little backwards, so that she had enough space to sit.

"I certainly don't feel as if there has been any impact on my brain, Nathalie. Just tell me, is it all fantasie or rather personal experience?", he pryed.

"Why are you so eager to find that out, Gabriel? Isn't it enough, that I used our work-relationship as a basis for the whole story? And I did not say, that I have any fantasies like that about you and me!", she whined and saw him begin to grin mischievously.

"You didn't deny it either, Nath!", he said with a deep, raspy voice and winked at her with his left eye.

"What? I.... argh! Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut! Fine, maybe I did imagine some of the things, but only to be able to describe them more accurate. Nothing more!", she tried to explain.

The designer though didn't believe her. After all those years, in which she had been willing to sacrifice her life just to make him happy, he had of course known her motive. Though he had never understood it. Every other woman, would have tried to win him over and forget his wife instead of helping him, get her back. But exactly that had made him stop in the end. Her incredibly selfless way to love. He couldn't risk her life any longer and he wasn't even sure, if he wanted Emilie back. So much time had passed, since she had died, and even after missing her for so long and so intensely, he had learned to live without her. He had Nathalie, who was always loyal and always at his side, who cared for his son, as if he was her own, who comforted him, when he was feeling sad. Though there wasn't anything physical between them, at least not beyond a friendly hug or lying back against back in the night, he didn't feel alone any more.