Adrien's worry - Part 1

A/N: This is supposed to become a short 2 or 3 piece story, taking place after the season 5 finale.

"Nathalie? Are you alright?" Adrien asked worriedly.

The young woman who was now officially his foster mum, smiled at him and nodded, while closing the bathroom door behind her.

"I'm fine, Adrien, don't worry!" She said softly.

"But... You've been sick a lot lately. I am scared that your health has gotten worse again!" He exclaimed antsy.

The former assistant sighed and gestured to him to follow her into his room. There she sat down on his white leather sofa and patted the space next to her.

"So you've noticed me throwing up several times lately?" She asked.

Adrien nodded.

"Yeah! And when I told Marinette, she even had the crazy idea that you might be pregnant. But I told her the only man I have ever seen near you was my dad and he got very angry at me when I just asked him about the two of you. So..." The boy told her with a sheepish grin.

Nathalie's face had turned deeply red as she tried to not look directly into the teenager's eyes.

"Well, the truth is, Adrien, your girlfriend was right." She muttered barely audibly.

The young man's eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"You really are? B-But... how? I m-mean, you've been severely ill for so long, and there were just three males around you, including myself. If you weren't with my father, there would only be my bodyguard..."

"Don't you even dare to finish that thought, Adrien Agreste!" She scolded him. "It's a long story and I haven't told you yet because you already had to cope with losing both your parents. I wanted to give you some time before informing you about your little sibling."

Adrien gasped, then looked shyly down to his mother figure's belly.

"R-Really? You and father? I'm sorry, Nathalie. If I had known, I would have been here for you too. Because if you and... if you were doing 'that' you're grieving too. I should have noticed that you..."

He was interrupted by the woman's hand on his forearm.

"Don't get yourself all worked up because of that. You lost your dad less than three months ago. The puking should be over soon and then there's no need for you to feel worried, okay?"

He nodded.

"Can you already feel the baby? I mean, I can't see anything yet. How does it feel to have a baby inside of you at all? And are you happy about becoming a mum? From the very beginning, I mean, because to me you have been like a mum for a long time already."

Nathalie was half laughing, half crying when she tried to answer all his questions at once.

"I can't feel the baby yet, it's way too soon. And that's also the reason that you can't see anything so far. But despite everything that happened over the last year, I am very happy about becoming a mum. And even though I can't feel the baby moving it feels amazing to know it's there. Would you like to see a picture?"

He gasped then nodded vigorously.

"You have one already? I'd love to see it. When can they tell if it's a boy or a girl?"

The pregnant woman beamed at 'her' son widely as she pulled the copy of her first ultrasound picture which she carried with her since shortly after the examination, out of the back pocket of her trousers and showed it to him.

The teenager frowned for a moment.

"I can't see anything. Where..." Nathalie pointed with one finger onto the tiny worm-like figure. "Oh, now I can see it. Wow. It doesn't look like a baby, but it's still beautiful!" He grinned. "Can I tell Marinette? Or does it have to stay a secret?"

Nathalie smiled sadly then replied reluctantly.

"If you make her promise not to tell anyone, you can!"

"Thank you!" Now it was he who hesitated. "Can I still hug you? Or would that hurt the baby?"

That made the mother-to-be laugh.

"I'd love a hug. And I am very sure the baby will love it just as much as soon as it's able to feel it too. But you can't hurt him or her by hugging me. Not now and also not when it's already visible. Babies are very well protected inside a woman's belly!"

"That's great. I love you Nathalie!" He then bent down and spoke very close to her stomach. "And I love you!"

Nathalie wiped her eyes as she watched him run to his bed and grab his phone, while she got to her feet herself to give him some privacy.

"Wait!" The boy called out. "Would it be okay to invite Marinette for dinner? We could tell her together then!"

The young woman gave him a tender smile.

"Of course it is. What should I make?"

But Adrien shook his head.

"You're having a baby! Why don't we just order some take out? Or me and Marinette do the cooking. I'm sure she knows how to do that."

"And who will stop the fire if Marinette gets close to the stove?" Nathalie teased and they laughed together.

"I'll make sure that no accidents happen, okay?" He pleaded and the hormonal woman immediately gave in to his puppy eyes.

"Okay. Just call her and ask her to come here. You can pick her up with your driver if you want to."

The young man nodded and beamed widely whispering with a wink.

"Thank you, mum!"