Part 2: Rivalry of Best Friends | Chapter 7

I went ahead and got my breakfast. It seemed like a dinner to me. Seaweed Soup, Ginger Rice, variety of side dishes, and orange juice, the only breakfast related thing there. Then everyone started coming down. Serim and Woobin showed up, then Wonjin, Jungmo and Seongmin. I felt as ease Sooyun wasn't with him. Taeyoung, Minhee and the girls came down after.

"Do you want my tray, Sooyun?" I asked.

"Aren't you hungry?" Sooyun questioned.

"No, I had snacks last night and I'm full." I lied.

"Well, as long as you're okay with it-" Sooyun gave in.

Jungmo looked at her and said, "Sooyun-ie! Why are you wearing a jumper? It's summer!"

"I'm always cold. I have that thing where my hands and feet are always cold. I forgot what it's called.." Sooyun said matter-of-factly.

"Okay then." Jungmo said defeated.

I turned to Jungmo, realising Sooyun has been feeling nothing to us at all.

"Jungmo, she doesn't seem to care." I whispered.

"Eh, she'll have to" Jungmo smartly replied.

I turned away from him, not fully believing what he has said. I stood up starting to head to my department.

"Sooyun, Eunhee! Dept. of English Education called for a meeting!" I yelled, while leaving, knowing that the two girls would run after me.

Which is what they did.

"How come I never knew?" Sooyun complained, dragging her legs and slumping in her walk.

"3rd and 4th year students get a notification and have the responsibility of teller the other years." I said to them, feeling smart.

"Ugh I hate that!" Eunhee wailed.

"At least we know someone's taking care of us!" Sooyun said to Eunhee.

My heart fluttered as Eunhee nodded her head, reluctantly agreeing. With that, we left for our department.