The School of Fish

Julie's P.O.V

The mansion was enormous. Was I really going to be living here? Living in luxury doesn't sound too bad. Doesn't sound too bad at all. I smile to myself. Is my room going to be big too? I was a bit put off about the fact that I'll be having to live with eight boys, but the idea of having a big princess room is making me happy about living here. Happy as one can be.

Robert opened the door for me, and my eyes were met with a big living room. Woah. I've got to take a picture of this and show it to David. I brought out my phone and started snapping pictures and sent it to him on the phone.

I should call him as soon I put up all of my luggage in my room.

"Mr. Hale is at work right now, so he won't be able to welcome you. He sends his apologies," David said. His tone and demeanor changing from the one he had in the car.

"No, that's alright," I glance at the stairs, "What about his sons? Are they here?"

Please say no. Please say no. Please say no. Please say no.

"No, not that I know of. Blake has a meeting with his friends, Chase is doing community service, Jason, Julien, and Mason haven't been seen since yesterday. Roman is in music class, while Xavier is in football practice, and Asher is at his best friend's house."

"None of them stayed to see me?"

He shook his head, and I sigh. Oh well. This works better for me, anyway. Now I can mentally prepare myself for meeting them. I'm actually a bit relieved.

"So where's my room?"

The room was everything I imagined it to be. I have a whole walk-in closet and the biggest bed I've ever slept on. I resist the urge to jump on it, since Robert was there still. Although the room was big, with not much of my personal touches to it, I saw a bookcase filled with many books. Robert must've noticed.

"It was a gift from Mr.Hale. He thought you might like it."

Hm. I'm thankful for the gift, I really am. It's just that I like to read as much as I like to write. Which isn't all that much. But, he got this for me, so the least I can do is read one book. No matter how many times reading each word felt mentally draining. I know someone shouldn't dislike reading as much as me, but I'm much better at reading comic books with pictures than just words on a page.

"I'll tell him thank you. It was really nice of him to do that," I said, putting on a smile. Even though Idon't like to read all that much, it feels nice that Mr. Hale would give me this.

"Do you want me to also give you a tour of the house? It's big, so I'm afraid that you'll get lost."

"No, I'm fine. I think I'll manage."

And with that, Robert said goodbye and left the room. Leaving me alone. One day, I'll get decorations for this room and it'll look like mine. The clothes in my bags were too much for me to put up, so I think I'll wait for tomorrow to do it .

I call David and put the phone to my ear. I waited for a couple of seconds until he eventually picked up. Finally, a calming voice that I was happy to hear called out to me.

"Hey, Jules. You're already there?"

I sat on my bed.

"Yep. I'm actually in my new room now, and I have a butler." I say, proudly.

"Damn. A butler? Your family's pretty rich, Jules. Speaking about them, do you like your uncle? He isn't mistreating you or anything?" His voice was serious, well, as serious as David can be.

"I just came here, David. I haven't even met him yet."

"Alright. You're doing okay, right?"

"I'm doing better."