Movie Night

If Oliver can describe my mansion in one word, it would be 'overrated.' I know this because he literally said the word as soon as he looked at the mansion. It was as if he was thinking about what it would look like, and once he saw it, he decided it was unimpressive.

"What do you mean overrated? Do you have a mansion of your own?"

Oliver eyed me carefully.

"No. But If I did, it would've looked better. More magnificent."

I rolled my eyes and led him inside. Immediately, I grabbed the remote and plopped on the couch. Rapidly, I patted the spot I wanted him to sit on. Naturally, next to his best friend. Where else would he want to sit?

Oliver followed my movement, but sat farther than me than I would like. But I shrug and turn on the TV. I smile slyly towards him.

"Okay, I've given you choices, being the most gracious and humble and beautiful best friend anyone can have. So, Horror movie 1, horror movie 2, or horror movie 3? Choose wisely."

Oliver faced me, his face serious.

"Are there any hints on my choices?"

"If I want there to be."

Oliver's eyes looked foggy, as if he was thinking. I can't possibly know about what. What's so complicated about choices at random? I would just play a guessing game and hope for the best.

"Number....Two," He finally said. I giggle, which made Oliver frown.

Then I put on the movie. For a long time, the action didn't really start. But Ollie was already tense and flinched at even the mundane scenes. I tried my best not to burst into a fit of laughter.

"You alright, Ollie?"

Oliver shrugged, faking indifference. Finally, the movie fit the genre of being a horror. And that's when Oliver's mask completely shattered. I've never heard of someone being able to scream that loud, and I don't think I've heard myself laugh that hard. At one point, he even hugged me. I was too focused on his reactions that the movie finished in the blink of an eye. We ate and talked before at least three hours passed.

"That was a good watch, wasn't it?" I asked him, still smiling.

"No, I think I'm going to have a nightmare for a week."

"That's what makes it a good movie."

Oliver glared at me and grabbed his bag from the floor. I observed his features. His dark hair was rather messy. I kind of liked the look.

"I'll be leaving. See you at the football game?"

"Only if I see you there."

"That doesn't make any- "Oliver started, but stopped in his tracks. I followed his gaze to see Ashur staring at us. My heart jumped. Ashur was wearing a loose pink shirt and jeans. His green eyes, full of contempt, started at mines.

I really don't see the resemblance between us.

Oliver greeted Ashur awkwardly, and said goodbye to me before leaving. This would've been fine and everything, if it wasn't for him leaving me with Ashur.

The boy walked to the kitchen and grabbed a cup from the cupboard. I shift in my seat, hoping he won't pick any kind of fight. Not today. Today was such a good day.

"Who was that?" Ashur asked, his back turned to me. I clear my throat.

"My friend."

"I see..." Ashur hesitated, and for a while, he said nothing to me. But before I can think the conversation is over, he speaks again. "Did Liam say anything weird to you...? I meant to ask you yesterday, but the whole marathon thing got in the way."