Starfish

A ballerina? Such a path wasn't even on my mind. But apparently it's the path I will be taking. Even though I told my uncle that he can choose anything, ballet was really the last thing on my mind. But this morning he announced in front of everyone that I will be practicing it. To be honest, wearing a tutu and really cute shoes excited me. Wearing pretty dresses and styling my hair were always things I enjoyed.

The only concern I had was the work and my poor feet. Ballet looks really beautiful, but the hard work that comes with it is what makes it so beautiful. Little lazy me wouldn't be able to hold a candle to all the hardworking women and men in there. But that worry will be pushed aside for now.

Because, along with the announcement of my chosen path, my dear uncle has also sent me on a quest. A quest that will need all of my determination, will, and patience. Especially since my companions on this journey all seem so unwilling to go. I finish tying the white laces of my sneakers, making another knot.

"Hurry up! You should be finished by now. We need to go!" Chase shouted from downstairs. I quickly tie the laces for my other shoe, not bothering to tell him I was coming. Silently mocking him, I rush downstairs, making sure not to trip like last time. I just wore a white shirt with light blue jeans and white sneakers. Of course, I brought my azure bag and put the straps across my chest.

Chase was standing near the front door when I got there, obsessively checking the black watch on his wrist. He looked up, his eyes landing on me.

"Why are you just standing there? Go in the car. We have a tight schedule."

Yes, sir.

I was almost out of the door when I heard groaning. I turn back, only to see Xavier walking down the stairs. Still not dressed yet. He rubbed his eyes.

"Why are you shouting so early in the morning? You know it's Saturday, right?"

Chase looked as if he was going to burst a vein.

"Why the hell aren't you ready yet? We need to get going now."

Xavier looked up at Chase. He had a dazed expression and was wearing an oversized-T-shirt with a dinosaur on it. A Dilophosaurus, to be exact. He sniffled, scratching his hair as he looked around. Furrowing his brows.

"A-What-Now?"

Chase let out an exasperated sigh. Wrinkles suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"Just...Just put on some on some clothes and get in the car."

David always said that a great party makes a grand adventure, which, if true, means that I'm screwed. Because along with the announcement that I'll be practicing ballet, my dear uncle sent his sons and I on a bunch of errands on the weekend. All of his sons. I'm pretty sure that all of us know it's simply to get us to communicate with each other. Still, my uncle has thrown me into the lion's den. I just hope they don't bring up the whole dog situation.

About thirty minutes later, we were all in the car. I sat in between Blake and Roman, who were all preoccupied with something else. Blake was playing with some strange rock, and kept rubbing his thumb over some weird blue stone. Or was it a crystal? I tilted my head.

"What is that?" I ask, genuinely curious. While his eyes stayed focus on whatever the hell he was doing, he answered me.

"It's a souvenier."

Chase sighed. He was the one driving the car. Xavier chuckled while sitting on the passenger seat. What was so funny?

"From where?"

Finally, Blake looked at me. His blue eyes staring into mines.

"I found it on the ground when we travelled to Greece. Currently, I'm testing it out."