Lovely

I have no idea when the triplets and the brothers got out of the room. Liam said he'd wait until Ashur came out, but I, on the other hand, went straight to sleep. By the time I woke up, the triplets were already in their rooms, and Blake was nowhere to be seen. So I went back to sleep, and eventually I woke up to an annoying bell.

"What is this world coming to? It's a Sunday for christ's sake..." I mutter underneath my breath but still get up to clean myself up.

By the time I was downstairs, everybody else was sitting at the dining table. Almost like instinct, my eyes travel to my uncle at the very far end. His blond hair was neatly combed and his suit not even showing one wrinkle. I grab out my phone as I walk to the table, checking if I have any new messages. Although I know I only have two contacts. David and I have been texting regularly, but there's nothing new and... oh. Oliver texted me. When did I get this?

Pufferfish: Did you get home safely?

NO.

Wait-no. that's too mean. I shouldn't be petty. Is it right to be angry with someone keeping secrets from you? Was it in actuality a secret, something he simply didn't share, or something that was common knowledge I didn't get to hear about? I never really asked him. You know what? Never mind. I'll ask him later. Besides, I haven't been completely honest about my situation either...

Julie: I want to watch a horror movie. And yes, I did get home safe. Why didn't you tell me about your brother?

"Julie. No phones," My uncle said, and I open to mouth to protest, but I stop myself. Instead, I turn off my phone and rested it on the table. I've learned from my time spent here that everyone has seats, they always sit at. The thing is, I do not know if they chose the seats themselves, or my uncle did. Both options are likely. Chase always sits next to uncle, the triplets always sit next to each other. Roman is always in front of them, and Xavier is always at the end of the table. Along with Blake.

I really wouldn't be surprised if my uncle arranged them to be just like so.

"Good morning everybody." Chase said, a smile on his face. I don't like that smile. It's the same smile he had on when he told us to go to the mall together, "Julie, you may not be aware of this, but today is a very special day."

"Is it somebody's birthday?" I ask dryly. God, I hope not. Chase laughed.

"No, of course not! It's our tradition, Blake would know, wouldn't he?"

Blake nodded. He didn't match my uncle's excitement at all, but it was something.

"Okay... What is the tradition?"

"It's a bit like a marathon-"

"No, thanks."

My uncle simply ruffled my hair and smiled.

"Don't worry, Julie. It'll be fun."

****

Note to self, never try to say no my uncle. He really doesn't care at all.

Right now, I'm standing at some kind of weird checkpoint, getting ready to run for an extended amount of time. This is not really how I want to spend my Sunday morning. How did this tradition even exist? That's what I asked my uncle. He told me his great-grandfather did it with his grandfather... and so on. I really hate this.

"Stop pouting, Julie. Dad's going to notice," Roman, who was standing next to me.

"I wish he did," I replied, while checking my phone.

Pufferfish: I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, I can watch that horror movie with you.

Julie: I mean, sure, but are you going to tell me about your brother soon?