Jekyll And Hyde

We all stared at the three brothers. Even shirtless, doe-eyed, Liam. It felt awkward in the room, but if Liam can sit confidently and shamelessly while a family affair was going on, so should I . Xavier was the first one to speak.

"These idiots got into a fight about Belle," He paused for a second, taking the time to glance at Jason, "...And lost."

"It was ten against three!" Julien protested. But the brothers weren't listening to his plights. Roman took a moment to observe the room, or the people in it. His eyes landed on me, and then on Liam. The two who didn't really belong. Or perhaps only one.

"Why are you guys always so reckless? You'd think I was the older brother if someone met literally any of you."

I froze at that.

"So...How old are you exactly?"

"Same age as you."

Fifteen? I suppose it makes sense, but still. I thought he would be in my class, but I'm pretty sure he must've skipped a grade or something. As far as I knew, the triplets and Xavier was definitely older than me, so does that make Roman the youngest brother? Interesting. Next to Ashur, of course, but I didn't really know his age either. Only that he must be close to mines. Chase's brows furrowed.

"The triplets got into a fight...Over a girl? You're kidding, right?"

I took this as a time to step in.

"No. I saw it with my own eyes. Everyone was fighting each other, it was crazy."

Chase looked at me, as if he just realized I was there. His jaw tightened.

"You were there? You were there during the fight?"

I nodded. Concern flashed in his pale blue eyes.

"Are you alright? Did anybody hurt you?"

That was the first time someone had actually asked me if I was okay tonight. And I felt a brief temptation to say that I was hurt, but I shook my head. He tossed a small smile my way and focused on the brothers. Whatever concern in his eyes was completely erased, and now only held anger. Mason shrunk. Jason didn't.

"Look, this is nothing to be fussing over. We got into a fight. It happens all the time. Just leave us alone, "Jason said, and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Ok, we'll leave you alone, and forget everything happened, but only if you tell us who beat you up first."

My heart sank. Oliver's brother did that to the triplets. I've never known the brothers to pick a physical fight, but then again, I don't really know the brothers. And though I do not know who Oliver's brother is, he is still Oliver's brother. And I suppose that automatically makes me care for him....

Jason scoffed.

"No. I'm not telling you jack shit-"

"Then we won't leave you alone."

Jason glared at Xavier, and I silently pray that he keeps his resolve. I don't want Oliver's brother to be hurt because of some revenge. But, looking at the triplets, he might deserve it just a little. Finally, as if eternity lived in this room, Mason sighed and looked at the ground.

"It was Jonathan," He said. I cringed. I looked at Xavier, all fun on his face was gone. No more laughing at his brothers, no more prying for information and making jokes, and somewhere inside my stomach, I felt a tumble.

"Jonathan? That bastard?" Xavier sounded like he was barely containing his anger. Jonathan, what did you do now? I internally sighed. Oliver, why do you have such a brother? But I suppose I can't judge.

"Xavier..." Chase started. Blake simply watched. Out of everybody, he seemed the oldest. The most quiet as well.

"Shut up. I'm going to kill that-"

"Why don't you calm down?" Blake spoke. All eyes went on him. He continued, "Who started the fight?"

"Jonathan," Mason said. Bit of a tattletale, isn't he?

"But Jason insulted Belle before that," Liam cut in. I nodded, hoping it will somehow ease Xavier's temper.

"What did Jason call her?"

"A bitch," Liam said with a smirk. Blake stared at Jason. And for the first time in my life, I saw Jason shrank.

"It was out of anger. I didn't mean it."

"You shouldn't have said it, though."

Blake then looked at me and Liam.

"I want to have a private conversation with my brothers. Can you leave?"

Liam shrugged and quickly left the room. I reluctantly got up and followed him. By the time we were both out the door, Blake closed it behind us. Something like a stabbing pain pierced my heart, but I push it down. This isn't like mom. She's not shutting me out.

Well, I suppose I should go to my room. Perhaps draw or-

Something grabbed my hand. No-Not something, someone. I looked behind me to see none other than Liam, and his strawberry blond hair, lingering near the door.

"You're not staying?" He asked, tilting his head curiously.

"Why should I? They clearly want to be left alone to talk."

He flashed me a grin.

"Don't you want to listen in?"

I think for a moment, but then stop myself.

"No. I don't. It violates their privacy."

Liam slightly frowned, but then shrugged.

"Yeah, yeah, Ok. what else do you want to do then?"

I raise my brow. This is Ashur's friend. My half-brother's friend. My half-brother who hates me. Why does he want to spend time with someone his friend dislikes? I glanced at the end of the hallway.

"Um, nothing much. I'm just a bit hungry and honestly I-"

"That's great! I'm absolutely starving. Let's go."

Before I can say no, he wraps my arm with his and leads me to the kitchen. He's obviously been here before.

"Now, we've got chips, we've got ice cream, oh. I completely forgot, your Ashur's older sister, right? Julie," He repeated my name, and I nod, "I didn't think I''d ever meet you, so excuse me if I'm a bit excited."

I give him a questioning look, and he smiles. His dimples showed when he did.

"Ashur talks about you non-stop."