The Weekend

Julie's P.O.V

"Do you want to go somewhere?"

I stay still for a moment, letting the question sink in. Are they really asking me to go somewhere with them? I didn't have any plans for the weekend, but spending time with the triplets was definitely not one of them.

"Um, why?"

Jason smiled and patted me on the back multiple times, almost making me fall over again.

"To cheer up our cousin, of course!"

That can't be it. Sometimes the triplets wouldn't talk to me for days, not even a hello. And now they want to carry me out? I don't think so. I've never been a cynical person, but I'm not an idiot either. Who knows what they might do this time?

"No, thank you." I go back to sit on the couch, and lay down, turning my back on them. A couple of beats later, after I heard a couple of whispering, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I didn't move to see who it was.

"Look, Julie. We really are sorry. How many times do we have to say that to you?" Jason definitely said that. I still didn't turn around.

"Till' you actually prove it."

"Aren't we proving it by carrying you out?"

I stop to think for a moment. They can't be serious. Are they? I wish I could tell this problem to Oliver. He would know what to do. Unfortunately, I think he's still a bit pissed. But I think he would say no. So, I should say no, right? I should definitely say no.

"N-"

"We'll buy you donuts."

I can't believe I'm actually doing this. Right now, I'm sitting in the backseat of their car, driving to the nearest store. Julien has music blasting to 100, and Mason sits next to me in the back and smiles at me sheepishly.

"So, Julie, how's school been?" Jason asked from the front. The urge to talk about my first friend invaded me, but I held it down. That'll just lead to more questions about him, and who knows if this is all just a scheme to get information from me, so that they can make my school life worse?

"It's alright."

"Ok. But about that girl on Friday, you know, during lunchtime. Is she bullying you?"

"No."

Silence lingered in the car, and now I'm slowly regretting coming. Suddenly, I'm reminded that the triplets and I have never actually talked. Not in a friendly matter, at least. Sometimes I wonder how Ashur could fit in so well. He's their cousin, but everybody treats him like he's their legitimate brother. But then again, he is family. He grew up with them. I, on the other hand, barged into their life and messed everything up. Ashur doesn't even stay in the house for that long anymore. It's always late nights with his best friend. Whoever that is.

We finally reached the donut place, and as promised, the brothers bought me donuts. I'm at least on my fifth one until Jason posed a question.

"How about we go somewhere else now?"

I take another bite of my donut. Relishing in the taste.

"Like where?"

Julien cleared his throat and Mason looked out the window, pretending that he didn't care. What's going on?

"So, like, how about we go to a..." He whispered, and I raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't hear that last part, Jason."

"How about we go to a party?" Jason asked, looking away from me. A party? They want to carry me out to a party? Why? I've never been to a party before, but I really did not expect the triplets to tell me to go with to one. Before I can say no, Jason continued on.