????

A ceiling was staring back at me. I closed my eyes before opening them again, adjusting my view. Light shone, actually light was everywhere. My hands start to feel around the fabric as I look around. I'm definitely in a hospital. There was a needle inserted into my arm that led to an IV. Or at least, I think it's an IV?

While I was thinking, the blue curtain suddenly opened. Xavier appeared. He had an annoyed expression on his face, and it was clear he was talking to someone else.

"Look, Liam. I told you already she's not-"

His gaze landed on mine. They widened in surprise. It was then that I noticed that there were comic books in his hand. They dropped onto the floor. He swallowed, and I gave a shy smile.

"Hi."

Xavier stared at me.

"...Hi?"

Liam walked next to Xavier and smiled. He sat on my bed with a nonchalance I couldn't fathom. How long have I been asleep? Hopefully not long. The more days of school I miss, the more I have to catch up on missing work. It gave me a headache just thinking about it.

"So you really are alive? With the way the brothers have been acting, I thought you were six feet under," Liam said with a grin. "Do you know where you are?"

"Um...Probably a hospital?"

Xavier simply gazed down at me. I don't think he's moved since he's looked at me. Finally, as if snapped out of some trance. He turned around and walked away. It was only a few moments later when a doctor walked in, along with Ashur, Chase, Roman, and the triplets. I didn't see Mr. Hale. Or Blake, for that matter. The triplets gawked, and Chase immediately walked up to me.

"Are you okay? Is everything okay? You're not hurting, are you? Doctor-"

"I'm fine," I said, looking at the doctor. I must've fainted during the party. This is the only explanation as to why I'm here. Probably. The doctor examined me, and it took a little while before me and the brother got a bit of privacy.

"Do you know how long you've been asleep?" Ashur asked.

"What? How would I know that? It's not like I can check a clock while unconscious."

Chase stayed beside me, his brows furrowed.

'If you weren't feeling well that night, you should've told me. What if it was something serious? I mean, with your background-"

"There's wasn't any need to. I'm fine. Nothing to worry about."

The triplets looked at each other. Mason shrugged, while Julian shook his head. Xavier was still silent. Chase seemed pretty shaken up by everything, so I smile at him to try to put him at ease. He smiled back, but it seemed force. There were bags under his eyes. How long has it been since he slept?

Was he worried about me? I didn't think so. We barely speak to each other. But I know he's been trying to connect with me, trying a lot harder than the other brothers I might add. I suppose he's always been on the more caring side.

"When we get home, don't hesitate to call me if you need anything."

Liam smirked at me, and I raised an eyebrow at him. What the hell is he thinking now? Ashur glanced at me but immediately turned away. He kept his eyes on the floor.

I spent an extra day in the hospital before leaving. I assume it's because the doctors wanted to make sure it was nothing too serious. I didn't need an extra day in the hospital to prove that, but alas, what was I supposed to do? Say no?

I opened the car door and squeezed between Ashur and Jason. Ashur looked out at the window the entire car ride. Chase tried to make small talk, but in the end, everyone remained silent. Weirdly enough, even Xavier had kept his mouth shut. As impossible as it may seem.

When we finally got home, I was the first one to jump out of the car. The atmosphere was getting stuffy, and right now, I really just wanted to go inside my room and sleep. Perhaps after, I would watch a TV show. But sleeping is my first priority. Technically, even though I was out for two days, I still kind of wanted to sleep.

The front door was only a few steps away, excited to get inside. I start to rush while walking up the steps. Tripping slightly, the world slipped from above me. I caught myself at the last second and laughed, exhilarated. I turn back to see if anyone else found it funny, but I was met with outstretched hands instead. Weird.

All the brothers were a lot closer to me as well. Did they move towards me while I was tripping? I sighed.

"I'm really fine, you know," I tell them. Ashur's face went red.

"I wasn't about to catch you."

"Then what were you doing?"

He looked away. Chase smiled gently, and he opened the front door for me.

"We just wanted to make sure you were okay, Julie."

"Not according to Ashur," I grin at Chase and stuck my tongue out at Ashur before walking inside. Immediately, I walked upstairs. Finally. Time to myself. When I got there, my room was not the mess it usually was. It was clean and organized.

"What the..." I muttered.

"I cleaned it for you."

I jumped and looked behind me. Julien was there. The hell? Did he follow me here?

"Why?"

"Uh, well, when you came home, I didn't think you'd want to come home to a dirty room. So I just did it. I didn't look at anything I wasn't supposed to, don't worry."

I never really talked to Julian before, so I just nodded. What a weird thing to do. I was about to say something before Chase knocked on the open door.

"Hi. I just wanted to see how you were fairing."

I looked around my room and then at Chase.

"I literally just came in here."

Chase gave me a smile, and I sighed.

"Chase, I'm fine. Really. Completely, totally, fine."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

I don't think he knows. I stared at Julien, and then at Chase. They were standing there like they had nothing better to do.

"I appreciate your concerns, I really do. But can I have some privacy?"

Chase's face looked sunken, and I feel a sting of guilt.

"I'll be down for dinner though," I said, trying to bring up his mood. He smiled sadly.

"Of course, sorry, I'll give you your space."

Both Julien and Chase walked out of the room. I laid on the bed, trying to sleep. It took a while longer than I thought it would be me, but eventually, the world faded to black.

I didn't know how long it was until I heard a bang that I got me up from my bed. I rub my eyes and stared at four figures all near my door. Julien, Chase, Jason, and...Xavier?

"I told you she's still sleeping!" Xavier whispered, but it came out more like a shout. Chase had a dinner plate in his hands, and Julien was rubbing the front of his head. Did he bang his head on the wall?

"Jesus, you guys need to get your act together. She's unconscious for two days and suddenly -" Xavier stopped whatever he was saying when he looked at me. I fiddled with my fingers as I gazed down at the boys.

"Hi..."

"Hi," Xavier replied. Chase waved his hand, and Julien nodded.

"We were just getting out of your hair, weren't we, Chase?" Xavier glared at him, and Chase sighed. He was still holding the plate. Xavier shoved them outside of my room and closed the door. I can hear muffled voices from outside.

What did I tell you-

I was just trying-

I sighed before resting my head on the pillow again. Hopefully, tomorrow they'll be back to normal.