Deep Sea of Memories

There are many things I have seen of my fifteen years on this earth. Those things may have been trivial, average, and common, but still, many things. All of that changed though, when my mom died and I was sent in a new environment unexpectantly. An environment where 'normal' simply does not exist.

Where three boys can climb up into a bedroom of a mansion using a window. Which may be seen as physically impossible, considering how high my window was in this tall ass mansion. Where someone can be angry at you for something you had absolutely no control over.

A thought of maybe this was all normal, and that I might be the abnormal one crossed my mind. Thankfully, I immediately dismissed it. But instead of focusing on this, I went to sleep. Because what can I do other than that?

After a couple of hours, I woke up. The sun was shining through my curtains; the birds were singing, but that's not what I woke up to. A bell. The sound of a bell, probably telling everybody to eat breakfast, made me open my eyes.

But instead of waking up and going downstairs, half-awake, I went back to sleep and drowned out the noise. I do not know what time it is; I don't even care if it's the afternoon. Getting up isn't my cup of tea until I say it is.

Not long after that, someone knocked on my door and then opened it.

"Miss Parker. It's time to get up. Breakfast is almost ready." Was this Robert? It sounded like him.

I let out a groan and turn the other way. I grabbed my pillows and covered my head with them.

"Mr. Hale is waiting for you, Julie. You can't do this." He said in a worried voice. To the mention of Mr.Hale I wavered a bit. Well, he was the one who took me in. I guess I shouldn't make him wait.

I got up reluctantly and greeted Robert. I went to the bathroom to wash up.

After digging in my suitcase, I finally found casual, comfortable clothes and put them on to go downstairs.

Everybody was already sitting at the dining table before I arrived, and I took a seat next to my uncle. I mentally counted how many people there were. Chase was sitting on the right side of my uncle and Xavier was next to him. Mason, Jason, and Julien were all sitting together, nervously glancing at me from the time. Roman was at the end of the table. There were two unfamiliar faces I didn't recognize.

One's hair was a dark black with blue eyes, and another had brown hair and green eyes. I'm assuming one of them is Blake, and the other is Asher. My half-brother. I would never get used to that word. Considering that he lives with his uncle instead of his dad, then logically, both of his parents are dead. Which is why they sent me to my uncle instead of dad. Of course, no one has explicitly told me what the hell this situation is. But I can connect the dots.

When I was younger, I've always wanted siblings. Now? I don't even know if I should rejoice about this. Each time I think of Asher, one question always floated to the forefront of my mind. Why did dad want him and not me?

"Good morning, Julie." My uncle told me, snapping me away from my thoughts.

"Good morning."

He gave a glare the rest of the boys on the table, and they eventually say good morning to me as well. The breakfast came shortly, and a woman gave landed a plate in front of me. The food looked absolutely delicious. Pancakes is what they served, a classic breakfast, but I'm going to love it, anyway.

"Julie? Before you eat your breakfast, there are some things we need to go over first."

"Can't it wait?" I blurt out, letting my thoughts escape my mind before I can stop them.