The Aftermath

Oliver's P.O.V

Player 2

Oliver stared at the empty seat. She was gone for another day; she said something about being sick, but that's all he heard from her. Was Julie okay? Did something happen to her? He couldn't help but glance at her empty seat again. Was this what it was like to miss someone? He didn't like it. During the days she missed class, he had written his notes in the way she did. With colorful annotations, and small brief notes, so that when he gave them to her, it would look familiar. Perhaps the information would go down easier that way.

Maybe he should go over to her house. Perhaps she'll open the door and respond to all his questions in a silly manner. Like she always did. But he erased the idea from his head. Whatever was going on, it wasn't his problem.

It wasn't his problem.

He looked at her empty seat again. Perhaps he should've skipped school today.

Oliver stood up from his seat, the school day already over. He didn't have any extra classes today. Which was unfortunate. He liked having something to do. Something to keep himself busy with. But now he had to just go home and meet that useless brother of his.

The distance to his brother's car was so short, he didn't even think when he opened the door and met his brother at the driving seat. A blonde girl sat at the back. Wasn't she at that stupid party? What was her name again? Bella? Beatrice? Becky?

What does it matter?

Julie would want to know. She's always been a bit nosy about whatever drama was going at the time. A sentiment he didn't quite understand. At all. It's not like he hates people, it's just that drama and gossip were never really something he was interested in. Julie was different. She seemed like the kind of person to open Pandora's box just to see what was inside.

"How was school today?" His brother asked. Oliver stared out at the window.

"It was fine."

The girl at the back squirmed. Her blonde hair shined, and she really seemed like that girl at the party.

"How's classes? You understand everything properly?"

Oliver smiled.

"Why wouldn't I?"

Jonathon nodded and focused on the road. Oliver simply kept to himself the entire time.

Julie's P.O.V

Player 1

"No. Nope. I'm not drinking that abomination."

"It's good for you," Robert said, and Chase nodded. I glanced at the smoothie again. There's no way that's good for me. Well, maybe it is, but still. I don't need to drink it. I sighed.

"I'm not drinking it." I push the glass of smoothie across the counter. Chase stared at me with puzzlement. Am I really the crazy one here? I don't think so. It's not like a smoothie is going to make healthier than I already am. This is all just a waste of time. I trace a circle on the counter with my finger, my mind drifting far away from the situation. What did I get myself into?

In all honesty, I never expected the brothers to let me stay home for a little while longer. They think I need the rest; I don't think I need the rest, but I'm indulging them for a little while. It was foolish of me to think that they would have gotten back to normal so quickly. Especially not Chase. But this has gone too far, unexpected or not. I can't let this go on any longer.

" Okay, so, first, you guys need to lay off on all the worrying. I am completely fine. Second, I'm making it official. I don't need to stay home any longer. I will be going to school tomorrow."