incomplete

-
y/n's pov.

i was fully aware that i was bound to get hurt at some point. i knew that not everything could be perfect and you were of course going to approach tricky steps in the journey. however, what i didn't know was what it would be hurting me, and how much it would hurt.

i knew that there would be problems the further we get into the relationship, because thats what i feared long before i got the chance to commit. i feared getting broken. but then again, i was already broken. i told myself you can't break what's already broken. but there's always that extra, one last breaking point that you didn't know existed. a breaking point that leads to utter annihilation.

deep down i always knew me and vinnie weren't supposed to be together. but i always decided to ignore it as the warmth of feeling so right together completely blinded me. he and i always felt so right, so complete together that we almost didn't know what to do with it, or why we felt that way.

i used to lay in my bed, smiling at the thought that we might be soulmates. even as a young girl, i never believed in soulmates, not until vinnie. it wasn't that i wanted vinnie to be my soulmate, it was just that it naturally felt that way. and that feeling clouded my mind everyday people told us we could not be together.

i ignored what everyone around us tried to tell me. i didn't want to believe that there wasn't a chance we could stay together for as long as we wanted. because always, in my book, 'happily ever afters' don't exist. and they never will, knowing that vinnie won't be included. and without vinnie i am not happy.

i was so naive.

so naive to think that we could just be together, despite what everyone told us, even his parents. i'm not quite sure how that mindset fit right in my mind. but truly, i don't think i ever believed that, i think i just wanted to believe it. so i stuck by that. i stuck by it until i was proved deeply wrong.

the night my ignorance was put to an end was the same night i was proved wrong. not to others, but to myself.

"Los Angeles will be better for the whole family. There are many job opportunities, and clearly it's our last resort to put an end to your play relationship with your meaningless 'high-school' girlfriend."

it's insane how you remember word-for-word the sentence that hurts you the most. the sentence you wish you hadn't heard, or even existed. but the following, bothered me the most.

"And, if you insist on being in a relationship. A lovely girl named Emily is waiting for you in Los Angeles, she could actually be good for you. I was close with her mother when we were your age. You two would have the cutest children."

my lip quivered at the thought of vinnie being with another girl, having children with her. that thought never even registered in my mind up until now, i always pictured us together. it was never anyone else.

evidently, i wouldn't worry a second about this 'emily' girl, because i truly believed vinnie loved me just as much as i loved him. perhaps, he did. but it doesn't matter, because that love would never last long. although mine continues, and i'm not sure when it'll stop.

the day i flew out to los angeles to surprise vinnie was my realization call.

i knew he was participating in an event for his parents new job, as it was mentioned weeks before the move. so that's where i decided to meet him, but out of sight of his parents.

i entered the building, my heart racing and pulsing so hard there could be a possibility you can see bulging my chest. i smiled, excited to see the person i love mutually.

my eyes anxiously scanned the large, open room until i found a boy with dirty blond curls. my search was paused when a flash went off, making the whole room appear white. my eyes squinted making my vision blur. but when they focused again, the first thing i saw was vinnie. my face warmed immediately, but it wasn't until i noticed he was paired with a beautiful girl. one arm around her waist, they stood side by side for their picture.

my face flushed cold. he smiled for the picture, and he actually looked happy. these last couple of months i've been in hell, i've felt the worse i've ever felt without him. and here he is, perfectly happy without me, but with another girl. after their picture is finished, he places a kiss on her forehead and i reminicise that exact feeling.

i gulp and slowly leave the building. i really couldn't stand to sit there watching what i expected least.

i walked away shamefully, my heart burning with each step away from him as i take. it feels as if a small fragment of my heart was torn away, that same heart that was beating ecstatically for him.

my breathing is unsteady as i'm not sure what to do beyond this point.

what i had expected was to surprise him. all i wanted was to see that beautiful, happy face when we see each other for the first time again. but what i saw instead was a happy face that was caused by a girl who isn't me.

if i knew how this would all result, i never would have allowed it to start. but, that's not factually correct. because i was told, many times. i were to get hurt. but i ignored everything i didn't want to hear.

i genuinely thought me and vinnie were perfect for each other. as much as people didn't want us together, it still felt all so right. irregardless of what his parents scolded him about, neither of us payed much attention to that negativity. and it hurts very much to watch something make you feel so great, something that feels so right that it almost makes you think that this is your one purpose in life, just completely end in an instant with no argument or fight.

once again, as meant to be as i felt we were, i suppose it wasn't fate. every other problem we had, we fixed without a doubt because we both wanted to see us last, or maybe it was just me.

i had high hopes for me and vinnie. we were puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly and effortlessly. so, of course, you are going to immediately think that the two belong together without a doubt. but we as individuals belonged to separate puzzles. and in his own puzzle, there was his own designated piece that fits with his just right. and by the time his puzzle is finished, i'm still stuck with an incomplete puzzle, wondering where my last piece is located.

and as saddened and disappointed i am, deep down i hope that his finished puzzle product is beautiful. without error and without getting torn apart and put back into a box...
-
word count: 1259
a/n:
i haven't made a sad imagine in a while. but this was just for the meantime until i finish the million other incompleted drafts. and for all of the amazing hot fine ass bad ass sexy ass hoes complimenting my writing i love you. <3