𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 I

thank you guys sm for 11k reads ily ily. also i see y'all voting and following me and if i could i would follow y'all back but i have to confirm my email and it takes forever so unfortunately i can't sorry :((
                                           -

      {I Wanna Be Yours} - {ArcticMonkeys}
       0:23 ━❍────── 
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
  VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%
-

y / n ' s p o v

                                         ~~
currently i was sitting on a bench at the skating park, watching Vinnie laughing with Emily, i would be lying if i said it hurt. Because it did really bad, but i was happy for him, at least i want to be.

right now he was teaching her how to do a kick flip, holding her waist and making sure she didn't fall.

he looked over at me and smiled. a fake smile plastered over my face. i couldn't let him know how i felt about him. first off it would be so embarrassing because he obviously doesn't like me back. Second it would completely ruin our relationship, we've been best friends for years. and third how could i do that to emily? She's been so nice to me, i wouldn't wanna intertwine in their relationship.

i was snapped out of my thoughts when i felt a presence sit next to me. i looked up and it was vinnie, trying to catch his breath.

"hey, you okay?" he asked?

"yeah fine. why?" i lied.

"i dunno, you just seem off and you're zoning out." he explained further.

"nah i'm good. um i think im gonna go." i say grabbing my bag and my phone.

"you never wanna leave the skatepark so early, you should you're good?"

"yeah i'm gonna. i just, i'm...." i stuttered trying to figure out what to say. he raised a single eyebrow up.

"i'm kinda tired." i played with my phone case.

"want me to drive you home?" he offered.

"what about emily?" i looked over at her, she was sitting down on her board drinking out of a water bottle.

"hey em!" he called out to her.

em, ugh.

she looked up at him.

"i'm gonna drive y/n home!" he told her.

"okay, bye y/n bye vin!"

with that he grabbed his board and we started walking to his car.

when we reached the car i walked to the passenger seat and hopped in. vinnie did the same but on the other side.

he put the keys in the ignition and shifted the car into drive.

"you can play something" he said.

"okay." i said and hooked up to his car and played my playlist as he started to drive.

i was thinking of saying something about emily but i was hesitant. i took a breath in.

"so do you like her?" i asked him.

he looked over at me. "who? emily?"

"yea." i looked out the window.

he cleared his throat. "yea, i do."

"oh cool, i think she likes you too."

he nodded his head. it soon got quiet, other than the music.

—————-
time skip
—————-
we finally arrived at the house and we walked inside. (emily had her own ride home btw😭)

i left the door open for vinnie and walked into the kitchen to be greeted by kio. we talked for a bit about random things until vinnie went upstairs to his room.

"so, you okay?" he asked.

"what do you mean?"

"you know...him and emily"

"pshhh fine...i'm happy for them." i rubbed it off and looked down.

"cmon, y/n. really. i wanna help."

"ok fine. no i'm not okay, kio. it hurts seeing them together, and it hurts knowing that it's not me, and i wanna be happy for them but all i can think about is how much i fucking love him and there's nothing i can do to stop it. i mean emily's so nice and pretty, who wouldn't like her i don't even blame him. and i don't wanna be selfish but i really wish it was me but it can't be. he keeps on coming to me and telling me about how good it's going with them and i love that he can talk to me but it still hurts like shit knowing it's her and not me." i broke down.

———
v i n n i e ' s p o v
———

i heard everything. i kept repeating what she said in my head. was that really how she felt? how didn't i know?

i got pulled out of my thoughts when i heard footsteps coming up the stairs. i ran back to my room and jumped on my bed.

there was a knock on my door.

i got up and turned the knob. there stood kio.

"i know you heard everything vinnie." i went wide eyed.

"and you just left her down there?"

"she went to her room and said she wanted to be alone"

i put my hands on my head.

"i'm such a fucking idiot."

"what are you gonna do? do you still like emily?" he asked.

"i'm not sure after hearing all of that." i muttered.

he sighed and walked out shutting the door behind him.

i sat there for a second before getting up and leaving my room. i walked down the hallway to y/n's room. i hesitated to knock but ended up doing it anyway.

i heard her sniffle and shuffle around.

she finally opened the door. i didn't know what to say. i just pulled her in for a hug.

we sat there for a second before she spoke.

"what was that for?" she looked up at me.

"kio said you were sad." i made something up.

i cupped her face and wiped away her tears with my thumb. "why are were crying?"

she looked around. "nothing.."

i exhaled. i looked down at her lips and then back up to her eyes. i furrowed my eyebrows, lowered my head and brought my lips to meet hers.....
-
a/n:
word count: 1000
hehe cliff hanger :D
pt. 2???