21.

"hey ash."

"michael." the curly haired boy replied after the other boy stepped foot into his room.

"how are the boys?"

"good." ashton whispered quietly, letting his attention go back to the screen.

"i know you're upset, but please dont ignore me." the boy spoke up after a moment of silence, sitting down on the boys bed.

"i know baby," ashton replied, spinning on the chair as looked over at michael, letting his arms open up. michael smiled weakly at the boy, getting off the bed as he walked toward ashton, letting himself straddle on the boys lap, his head going to ashton's chest.

they stayed like that for a while, in silence as the only thing that was hears in the messy daylight room was the breathing.

"hey ash?"

"yeah?"

"you should go and see the boys."

"what?"

"you deserve to see the boys, its been a month."

and if it was on cue, ashtons phone went off, the usual time the two boys across the world and himself chatted. ashton grabbed his phone as he gave michael a small smile, pressing a kiss to the boys lips gently, mumbling a good bye as he accepted the call, watching at the boy walked out the room.

----

"what would look better, tie? no tie?" calum asked for the fifty time that night.

calum stood in front of the whole length mirror, holding the tie to his neck before setting it down. "luke!" the kiwi boy shouted once more, both boys were getting ready for some party tonight from where calum worked, he worked for some big rich ass company guy, and it wasnt mr. grey.

"i already said," luke started, walking into the bedroom as he held an ipad in his hand. "its up to you." he finished.

"no fucking help." the kiwi boy muttered, turning his attention back to the mirror.

"no swearing!" he heard ashtons voice through the speaker of the ipad, turning to look over at luke, spotting at the blonde set the ipad on the dresser before looking at his boyfriend.

"do you have to go?" luke asked quietly, sticking his lower lip out as he walked toward calum, the raven haired boy opening his arms up.

"i do." calum replied quietly, pressing a kiss to the top of the boys head. "i'll be back before i know it, you have ashton to keep you company anyway."

luke nodded as he looked up at his boyfriend, smiling weakly at him.

"yeah, you're right." the blonde whispered, pressing a kiss to the tanned boys chin.

"uh guys? you know im still here, right?" ashton asked, making both boys laugh quietly, calum let his arms unwrap from the boy before he looked at the boy, ruffling up luke's blonde locks.

"i should be bad by 11!" he called out, before he left the bedroom and out the apartment.

----

"luke sat on the couch in the small living room, his eyes on the tv as he ate a apple, a yawn escaping his mouth.

"you should sleep, luke."

his eyes went away from the tv and down at the ipad, laughing quietly.

"probably should goodnight ash." luke replied, about to hang up before ashton caught him off guard.

"ill end the call." luke nodded his head, getting up and walking to the kithen, throwing the apple core out, before shutting all the lights off, locking his ipad as he made his way toward his room.

he set the ipad on the drawer, turning the light on before walking toward the closet, chewing his lip softly as he pulled a pair of pyjama bottoms, starting to slip his tight jeans off.

luke crawled into the bed as he pulled the covers over himself, snuggling into the blanket and pillow, his eyes closing, laying there before the sleep took over him.

-----

ashton watched as luke walked away on the camera before he locked his own phone, making sure he muted himself before sstting his phone on his desk, running a hand through his hair.

it was now maybe 4:00 pm in sydney and about 11 pm at night when ashton heard a door close softly, most likely the bedroom. he chewed his lower lip softly, pulling his phone on his lap as he continued to tape away on his laptop.

"hey." he looked over his shoulder, spotting the dude that came by earlier, a smile growing on his lips.

"he-" it was cut off by something hitting the floor and a curse word before he looked away from the boy, gulping.

"what was that?"

"nothing."

"it was something, ashton?"

the boy sighed before setting his phone on the desk.

"calum.." luke's voice came through the speaker, making ashton go back to his laptop.

"ashton?" michael asked once more, turning the boy around to look at him. "what are you?"

"you wanna know?"

"yes?"

"tell no one?"

"no one."

"well, i just dont want them to do anything stupid i guess." he shrugged. "like, i want to make sure they are alright, and if their doing something stupid i call them." the curly haired bky whispeded quietly.

"how long?"

"just last week."

"why?"

ashton just shrugged, watching as michael grabbed ashton's phone, unlocking it as he ended the facetime.

"why?"

"because last week I accidentally forgot to hang up thinking luke would and," he groaned quietly. "basically there was a lot of moaning and shit."

"you dont want them to do it again?" ashton looked up at michael, fake a small half smile before nodding.

"why?"

"i just want to make sure their safe." he lied.

----