25.

calum was sitting down on the couch all night, waiting for his boyfriend, and his so called friend to show up. it was about midnight when calum finally decided to go to bed, closing the bedroom door with his foot. he started to take his shirt off, walking to the closet after turning the light on, stopping in his tracks when he heard the front door open.

he heard luke whisper, not catching anything he said though, tip toeing toward the door. he put his ear against the door, hearing footsteps as he shut the door, jumping onto the bed before pulling the blanket over his body, letting his head bury into the pillow.

a few seconds later, the door opened, making calum shut his eyes, ashton peeking his head in, not fully shutting the door before the footsteps walked away.

"he's sleeping."

"i dont know ashton.." the boy whispered, his eyes closing as he sighed. "i think its best we dont do anything."

"oh c'mon, you know i didnt listen into you're guys conversations after our facetimes."

"i know ashton, but i think we should just sleep, and you should go home tomorrow."

"im here all week."

there was silence, making calum open his eyes, raising an eyebrow before he pushed the blanket off of him, sitting up slowly. he grabbed onto the nearest shirt on the floor, slipping that on as he slowly and carefully made his way to the door.

on the other side of the door, luke had rolled his eyes at ashton's last words, going to make his way toward his own bedroom before the boy took luke's arm in his hand, giving him a glare.

"ashton, leave." the blonds protested, pulling his arm away harshly, glaring over at the curly haired boy. "leave and never come back."

at the time, calum pulled his lower lip in between his teeth before he opened the door, both heads snapping toward the bedroom door, a smile tugging on luke's lips, tugging his arm away from the boy once again.

"calum."

"ashton."

there was silence as calum walked by them, making his way toward the kitchen. "what exactly do you need now irwin?" the boy asked, looking over his shoulder at the two boys standing there. ashton just shrugged his shoulders, looking over at the blonde and back over at the ravin haired boy.

both boys stood there, watching as ashton made his way into the small kitchen, doing who knows what.

"hey cal?!" the curly haired boy called, making luke sigh. "come here for a second, will yeah?" calum nodded, telling luke to go in the room, that he will be fine, and walking to the kitchen.

once he stepped foot into that kitchen, he regretted it, feeling a sharp pain into his temple, and everything going black.

----

now.

luke sat there, staring down at the white tile floor, quietness filling the whole hospital, well it was one in the morning.

luke was lucky he had a couple of friends in the big canadian city, throwing ashton out of his and calum's apartment and to one if their houses. the blonde boy looked up, watching the lady behind the counter, typing away at her computer, a small sigh escaping his lips.

"it was an accident!"

"how the bloody hell is hitting someone in the temple with a frying pan an accident ashton!"

"uh, tangled?"

"god, clean the fucking blood up and leave."

"lu-"

"leave!"

the boy flinched at his own words, leaning back against the chair as he just wanted this to be over with, he wanted to know is calum was fine or not, he was breathing before the ambulance came.

but he didn't know his own boyfriend stopped breathing the moment the kiwi boy got into the ambulance.

"mr.hemmings." the boy's head snapped toward where he was called, standing up once the old man with the white looking scientists jacket came over.

"is he okay? is he fine?" the boy started to panic, watching at the doctor sighed.

"we wanted to tell you earlier, we truly did but-"

"but what! just fucking spit it out!" the boy raised his voice, the sectarian looking away from the screen and over at the young man.

"we're sorry, the impact to the temple, by the looks of it, was hard." luke stood up, starting to shake his head, knowing excatly where this was going.

"we really are sorry, hemmings. but he didn't make it."

----