26

Charles managed to find Pierre relatively quickly. with a simple messaged asking where he was and if they could quickly chat.

Pierre was in fact still at the same location that he was earlier, the same location Lando and Charles saw him.

"Hi mate." Charles said taking a seat next to the French man, sorting his hair out as if it was required before continuing to speak.

"I'm going to blatant, because I don't have much time." Charles ominously said, "Did you get back with your ex tonight."

Pierre seemed stunned for a second, almost in shock from what he just heard. He was going to give Charles the answer Charles would had wanted. Yet that wasn't completely possible. Pierre couldn't lie to Charles. No matter the situation.

"Yeah." Pierre plainly said, just that and nothing else.

Charles felt a sigh of disbelief, he had hoped everything himself and Lando had saw wasn't that. But it was.

"Why?" Charles asked, continuing with the one word answers.

"I, I don't know. I couldn't resist myself."

"Fucking hell Pierre. You've got a girl wrapped around your finger, and i'm seeing you do this?" Charles almost felt a tiny bit sad for Pierre, the fact that Pierre has most definitely broken Océanes heart even before Pierre knew he was in possession of it.

"She does everything right. I was going to ruin whatever me and her had none the less. It just happens. Ever since this morning all i've wanted to do is message her, be with her, have her next to me and I'm too fucking attached." Pierre confessed, stressfully playing with the tassel on his shorts.

"Sorry to admit it, but you have ruined it earlier than you should have." Charles said, gathering his belongs which somehow laid across the table in minutes.

"How do i fix it Charles. She doesn't know, i can fix this right" Pierre said in a rage of panic.

Charles shrugged his shoulders playfully. Walking off back to Océane's hotel room.

« «

Once Charles returned to Océane, he told her everything. Every single detail that Pierre said, confirming one thing, she was done with Pierre. She couldn't deal with the emotional damage she would endure if she continued what they had.

Coincidentally, Pierre had found his way to Océanes apartment minutes after Charles. She swept the two men into her bathroom, and stood at the door with Pierre.

She didn't feel a thing when she stood looking into his eyes. "Océane, i've been putting this back for so long now." He said, cupping her face. Just this one last time, she couldn't take his touch away. "Océane I love you." He said, a soft smile was apparent on his face. Telling her as if he hadn't told another women he wanted her back not hours before.

Océane at first couldn't say anything, she was sick to her stomach. "Liar." Was the only word she could say, Pierre looked taken aback.

"Océane I'm not lying, everything means nothing if i can't have you."

That was it for her. Her breaking point.

"Get the fuck out." She said. He didn't listen.

"Océane, baby?

"Get the fuck out Pierre."

Pierre was stunned, once again. Yet he couldn't figure out what was wrong.

"Pierre get the fuck out of here." Her voiced raised slightly, she couldn't control her feelings, she could stage a conversation to hold him away from her, yet she could. Pierre grabbed Océanes face gently, "Baby what's wrong?"

Pierre was convinced he didn't nothing wrong, because as far as he knew, they were perfect.

"What's wrong?" She shouted, tears fell down her face. She knew she was overreacting, but she knew she was in the right also.

Within seconds the bathroom door shot open, Lando and Charles ran out to see the commotion. As soon as Pierre saw Charles his face fell. He looked at Océane one more time, his eyes dropped. She knew.

The final thing that Océane did was slap Pierre around the face. They had spent every minute of every day with each other somehow, he would tell her she's the only thing he cares about. Essentially they were a couple, they both knew it, but neither ever asked the question.

"Fuck you Charles." Pierre said.

"She knew before I came to you Pierre." Charles could tell he lost one of his lifelong friends, he wasn't sure for how long. Yet all Charles could wonder was if this was the last chance that Pierre would give him.

"Leave Pierre."

And for once, Pierre complied.

As soon as the door shut, she burst into tears. Falling into the ever grasping comfort of the corner of the room. Lando was first to her, crouching in front of her mumbling some English which she couldn't understand in the state she was in.

« «

Throughout the race weekend, Océane managed to dig the whole situation with Pierre away, temporarily. Engulfed in the world of racing, and for that weekend the car number 10 meant nothing to her.

Carlos retired out of the Grand Prix due to a power unit issue, yet Daniel finished P5 in-front of a home crowd, and he couldn't be happier.

"Hey Carlos, you okay?" She asked the Spanish man, Carlos was silent for a little before he started speaking.

"I've got a new car, I need to get used to it fast before the team start decided what would be best for me. No seat, or a seat. Two races in and i'm under pressure like crazy."

Océane managed to talk Carlos down from the saddened panic he was in, comforting a friend in a time of need was something she cared deeply to do.

With that, the Australian grand prix weekend came to an end. Swiftly on the fastest plane home, they made their way back to Cannes. The Og three, Lando and Carlos. Including a new addition to the Og three, Charles. Who hadn't been able to stray far from Océane, it was under special request of Charlotte who couldn't bare for Océane to be too far from her. And due to the continent divide it was a little hard for Charlotte to be near Océane. However, Charles was the perfect way of doing so, however Charles himself cared a little as well. The spark in his eye when he'd see the slightest glimmer of a smile, and he would report it straight back to Charlotte. Even if it was a simple, 'Add another one to the genuine smile count." But Charles knew what Océane was feeling, and he wanted to be there to see her heal, and most of all to make sure she does.