39

Arriving in Azerbaijan Océane went straight to the hotel, taking Pierre's bags for him. Pierre went to meet with his team, figuring out what he had to do prior to Thursday so he wouldn't completely be overwhelmed and packed with media duties he was unaware of.

The hotel room that Océane would be sharing with Pierre was relatively large, the king sized bed laid in the centre, with the bathroom being abnormally large as well. Something she wasn't used to. But something that she could get used to.

Océane sat on the bed, scrolling through her phone before setting it down beside her. The past day had been a blur, something she would opt in to forget.

«    «

——Today 2:34pm——

——Today 2:34pm——

Hey my love, how are you?

Paranoid, anxious idk

How are you

I will be back in about 10
minutes, I'm in the car now
Pyry is driving so I won't be
too long 🤍

Can we talk when you get
back

I need to let off some steam

Idk

don't worry about it lol

love ya 🤍🤍

je t'aime 🤍🤍

«    «

The exchange at the end of their messages wasn't something either of them were expecting, it wasn't words being thrown around and both genuinely meant it. Whereas what they were worried about was that they weren't even a couple, or just yet for that matter.

Pierre arrived to the hotel room shutting the door quietly just in case Océane was asleep, even though he messaged her not long ago.

He stumbled into the room to see her adding some mascara to her lashes in the bathroom mirror, "What are you getting dressed up for?" He asked gaping his eyes at how beautiful she looked.

Her eyes had that glow they had before, not as much but surely more than they did this morning. "You," She said giving him a peck on the cheek, "Do you want to go out for dinner later?" She asked throwing herself back onto the bed.

"Depends on what time, I am absolutely exhausted at the moment, it's hot out there."

"We don't have to go, just thought it would be something nice, something for me to say sorry to you." She smiled, snuggling up to Pierre as he also got onto the bed.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, but don't worry i was scouting out some nice places anyway, I stumbled across a few though, unless you have one in mind?" Pierre got back up out of the bed scrambling through his suitcase.

"Can you choose a place?" Océane asked, and Pierre did exactly that.

« «

The pair went to a fancy restaurant which Pierre insisted on going to, he fully told Océane that all expenses would be paid for. However, Pierre knowing Océane, she wouldn't let him pay for all of it, therefore he made sure whatever they would buy was already paid for.

"How are you feeling today then beautiful?" Pierre asked, leaning on the table to listen.

"I'm iffy, but we don't need to talk about me, how was work stuff today?" She asked, Pierre rolled his eyes jokingly at her. "I always want to talk about you, you know you can tell me Ocea." Pierre took her hand into his own, just as he did at the airport.

"I know Pierre, just not here, or now, maybe a little bit later in the month or something."

Pierre understood why she would say that, therefore he handed her a menu, "What would you like then." He smiled, looking through the menu himself.

Eventually they ordered what they wanted, including two pints full of coke. "How confident are you around Baku?" Océane asked, sipping at her drink gently.

Pierre pouted his lips as he thought, "I would say a 50/50 depends on how I do in Quali, but i think i may do good in the race if some unfortunate events happen for other drivers, will just have to wait and see and hope that you're my good luck charm."

Every time that Océane went to a race, it only being twice but still a substantial amount compared to others. Pierre had gotten some pretty good results, which he was proud of, and as he mentioned previously she was his good luck charm, whether she knew it or not.

As the evening went on they finished up in the restaurant, taking a stroll through some park they found. Every now and again being approached by fans who would ask Pierre for pictures. It spiked Océanes anxiety through the roof, the feeling that something with the Lando situation would happen with her and Pierre. And then suddenly she felt a constriction of breath, "I'm going to go back to the hotel." She whispered to Pierre, her breathing heavy. He wanted to go with her but was being swarmed by fans who wanted photos, therefore he had to let her go for the meantime.

Océane arrived to the hotel around ten or so minutes before Pierre.

"Océane." Pierre said walking into the hotel room in a rush, "Are you okay?" He asked.

She looked perfectly fine, sitting on the bed reading her book. "Yeah." She glistened him a smile.

Pierre laid down next to her, gently taking her book from her hands and placing it on the bedside table. "I've just lost my page." She said as Pierre took the book away. He cradled her face, looking deeply into her eyes. "

"Je t'aime." He said. She felt appreciated once again, and for the first time in a little while she felt safe.

"Pierre would you want to be my boyfriend?" She blurted out quickly, darting her eyes away from his as she did.

But she couldn't help but notice a smile form on Pierre's lips, "I thought you said you wanted to wait."

"I don't want to wait." She said.

"Then yes, Océane Beaufoy, I will be your boyfriend."