35

Océane spent the whole morning pacing around her room, once again contemplating if she was doing the right thing. However, that soon ended when she heard the doorbell echo throughout the apartment.

She opened the door and greeted a smiley Pierre, "Good afternoon." He said greeting Océane by pulling her into a hug. Within that moment Océane knew she was doing right for herself. She felt at peace.

He held up a paper bag, "I bought some stuff with me just in case." He said walking with Océane to the main kitchen isle. He emptied the contents of the bag, he had brought icing, decorations, vanilla extract and a few other ingredients.

"I think i've got everything else." Océane said rummaging through the cupboard, "I don't have any flour I don't think." She mumbled.

"Lando! Can you come find the flour please." Océane shouted into the living room, awaiting Lando to come find the flour. Lando walked up to the door frame and laughed, "I used it with Luisa yesterday, sorry Ocea, want me to go get some more?"

"Yes please Lando."

"Hiya mate." Lando said tapping Pierre on the shoulder before heading to the shops.

"I'm sorry, that was a bit unprepared of me." Océane said taking Pierre to the living room, so they wouldn't have to wait for Lando in the kitchen.

"Don't apologise Océane, it's okay." Pierre smiled softly, making her fall for his smile all over again.

"Can you take your shoes off please." Océane asked him politely. Pierre looked shocked that he still had them on.

"I thought I took them off, probably got distracted." He walked back to the door and put his shoes next to the shoe rack.

Eventually Lando arrived back to the apartment with the bag of flour, "Your saviour has arrived." He said slamming the flour on the countertop.

"Wouldn't need a saviour if you didn't use the flour yesterday." Océane complained, watching Lando leave the apartment once again.

The pair took it upon theirselves to make sure to read the instructions closely, not wanting to make any mistakes. "Do you want to mix it, or shall I?" Pierre asked handing a whisk to Océane.

"I will, but first we have to put these on." Océane said handing Pierre an apron with a little duckling on it, whereas Océanes apron had a little bunny on it. Pierre couldn't help but struggle whilst putting the apron on.

"Are you being for real?" Océane asked watching Pierre put the apron on the wrong way.

"Yes?" Pierre cluelessly said.

"Take it off."

Océane took the apron and reached to loop it over his head, standing behind him to tie the apron up. "Perfect." She said, being pulled into a hug by Pierre. Now what Océane didn't see was Pierre putting some flour in his hand. He caressed her face, sneakily applying the flour as if it was makeup.

Océane backed away and took the whisk, she slowly mixed it. "That's not how you do it." Pierre said, he stood directly behind Océane. Their bodies touching. He took the whisk from her hand, trapping her between him and the counter. He whisked the ingredients in the bowl faster than she was, mixing them much better. She was breathing heavily before she leant her head back onto his chest. She looked up to him and smiled. Pierre softly placed a kiss on her head.

"All mixed."

"I'm just looking forward to decorate it." She said looking through the icing colours and decorations that Pierre had bought with him.

Pierre poured the cake mix into two cake tins, both the same height and width.

"How long do we put it in for?" Pierre asked opening the preheated oven and placing the cake tins on the middle shelf. Océane jumped up to sit on the countertop and pouted her lips to think, unsure of the answer she looked at the instructions. "25 minutes, or until golden brown." She said reading from the piece of paper she had.

"25 minutes to do what then." Pierre said raising an eyebrow, approaching Océane and standing in between her legs. For once they were around the same height.

"Any suggestions?" Océane asked.

"We could wash up, after all you do have a little bit of flour on your cheek." He chuckled wiping a little bit of the flour off her face which he put there.

"Do you mean we wash up this mess, or we wash up ourselves?"

"That's for you to decide." Pierre smiled.

"I don't think you get the privilege to shower with me just yet Frenchie." Océane said planting a kiss on his cheek, pushing him a little so she could get off the counter. Once again much shorter than him.

"Frenchie? That's a new one." He said, curious about the nickname. "New to you." She said collecting the washing up and putting it in the sink.

"Can you dry up?" She asked handing him a tea-towel. He nodded his head and waited for her to start washing up.

« «

Twenty-five minutes later the two cake tins were taken out of the oven, golden brown and perfectly cooked. Pierre was about to take the cake out of the tins before being halted by Océane, "Wait for it to cool down please." She said.

"How are we going to decorate it?" Pierre asked, admiring Océane who was playing around with the decorations.

"Maybe we put white icing all over the cake, and then using the bag and metal thing we pipe little blue dots around the bottom and the top?" She suggested, putting the piping part into a baggie.

"Can we use the blue sprinkles and put them on top as well?" Pierre asked, getting the heads up from Océane who loved the idea.

After they stacked the cakes and used the white icing to stick the two cakes together, they started to decorate it, using much precision. Every now and again Océane would support Pierre's hand when it became slightly shaky, so that they wouldn't mess up the cake.

"I think it looks beautiful." Océane said, admiring their creation.

"Who knew we'd be such a great baking team." Pierre said taking a few photos of the cake for his memories.

"I think we're better at other stuff together." Océane said, winking at him.

"Now what is that meant to mean." He said pulling Océane to him and tickling her.

"You know what it means." She said in between breaths.