32

Pierre stood awkwardly in the stairwell as Océane shut the door lightly, seeing if anyone saw she came in.

She took a seat on the carpeted stairs and looked up to Pierre, prompting him to speak. Before he decided to speak he took a seat next to her, not too far, but not right next to her.

"How have you been?" He asked, diverting away from what he truly meant to say. Océane took a pause before giving an answer, leaving Pierre to twiddle with his thumbs nervously. He hadn't normally ever got awkward or nervous around her, but this time was different. He felt like a teenager again, having the biggest crush on the prettiest girl he knew.

"I've been okay, I moved to Monaco a week ago."

"Oh, hopefully I will see you around more then!" Pierre replied. The stairwell went back to silence, Pierre looking down at his feet. Océane looked at Pierre, and she couldn't help but arrive with a small smile on her face. His eyelashes were long, she never quite noticed that. He'd gotten blonde highlights in his hair, and they suited him perfectly.

"I miss you." Pierre blurted out, not allowing Océane to reply before he continued, "I messed up majorly, and I have regretted it ever since. There's not a day that goes by where I sit there and I think, wow i'm so much better without her, because i'm not. I sit there and I regret everything I did. Everything means nothing if i can't have you, because you meant everything to me, I was truly happy when I was with you and I haven't felt like that before. I'd see you walk in the room and I would get butterflies, I know you can't forgive me, but I just want to know how you feel."

Océanes hazel eyes were glazed with a shiny gloss, as if she was about to cry. This alerted Pierre, he took his arm and put it over her, putting it on her shoulder and pulling her closer.

"Pierre. I don't know what to do." She says, her words broken up as a couple tears streamed down her face.

"I want to go back, forget that any of what happened, actually happened. But I can't feel a sense of security with the overwhelming fear that you might do it again." She cozied up to Pierre, putting her head on his shoulder, "But Pierre I never got to say I love you back."

That what was choking her up, she never got to say it because she was too angry. But she really did truly mean it.

Pierre was silent for a minute or so, before he choked out a few tears with a chuckle, "You don't know how much that means to me." He said. Now both of the two were crying.

"I know you've got good intentions, you always did Pierre." Océane lifted her head from his shoulder and looked him face on, "But lets say we were to rekindle whatever we had, relight an old flame that has been burning ever since we left it. How will I know you won't repeat it."

Pierre looked her directly in her eyes, he pulled out a little rectangle box. "I bought it back in Italy when we went as a group." He opened the box to reveal a silver necklace with an infinity symbol on it. "I was meant to give it to you then, but Daniel interrupted it and I got scared, Australia came along and I was going to give it to you after the race Sunday night. But once again, a few days before I messed up, I had an identity crisis. I didn't know who I was thinking I was good for you, I would look in the mirror and see a complete stranger. I was anxious constantly, doing my job was hard enough. I got a fine after the race because I couldn't bare to do my media duties, i'm not using this as an excuse. But I was vulnerable, and my ex was just there at the right time, she was always manipulative and knew exactly what to do. I blocked her everywhere right after because I never was the type to do anything like that, I was fully content on you and only you. I still am for that matter. Océane all I want is you."

Océane had a lot to take in, but she had no words to say. Instead of words, she used her mouth. She pulled Pierre in and kissed him quickly, pulling back and seeing if he was uncomfortable or not. However, he decided he wasn't done and kissed her back. Pulling her closer by pushing her back slightly.

Both obviously had been crying, so they were stuffy and sniffling at any given opportunity. Yet that didn't effect anything what so ever.

"I've missed that." Océane said pulling from the kiss and greeting Pierre with the widest smile she could. Seeing her happy brought him the most amount of happiness he had felt in a long time.

"I'm not saying I am completely forgiving you now, I understand why you may have done it, but that doesn't have any excuses for the way that I hurt. Therefore your going to have to start from the beginning, make me trust you. Can you do that?"

Pierre smiled at her back, "I can do that, but first, let me give you this, a promise from me to you." He took the necklace out from the box, gathered her hair and made her hold it so he could put the necklace on. The cold metal was a shiver to her warm skin when he put it on, but his hands were also warm, feeling just as the summer sun does.

"You can sing pretty well by the way." Pierre said to Océane, which made her chuckle.

"I cant say the same for you Pierre."

"Let's start with pre planning something to do Océane, get us back into the motion. I don't have to leave for Baku until Wednesday, so let's do something tomorrow or Tuesday?" Pierre suggested, hoping she was free one of the two days.

"Well, I'm planning on getting a lot more drunk tonight, and I'm not the best to be around when i'm hungover, as you know. So what about Tuesday?" She asked.

"Tuesday sounds good, what do you want to do then?" Pierre asked, having a few ideas in his mind.

"You think of something."

"Why don't we bake a cake, I always wanted to cook with you, so why not do it soon." Pierre said, the thought of baking with Océane was what he could imagine them doing in ten years, having mini versions of theirselves running around whilst doing so.

"I love that idea, can we do it at mine? The kitchen is beautiful." Océane suggested, getting a delightful nod from Pierre.

"Message me your address and the time okay?" He said.

"Okay, I'm going to get back to Char and that now, you get back to your friends and I will get back to mine. Also please speak to Charles, he misses you. I understand you were angry at him, but he did the right thing Pierre." Océane said, leaving Pierre in the stairwell as she wondered off to find a single person in a group of hundreds.