2.

"Happy birthdayyyyy," KJ smiled as she walked into Chris' living room.

He looked over at her and smiled.

"How you know?" He asked since he hadn't told anyone.

"Cause nigga I know, why you don't want anyone to know?"

He shrugged "Ion like the big fuss niggas make over it."

She nodded and handed him a bag.

"Well your secret is safe, but I still had to get you something." She smiled.

"Thank you babygirl." He opened it to find an Audemar Piguet, with his name engraved underneath.

Before KJ could say anything to him, Kaliyah and Ximora walked in.

"Happy birthday daddy." Kaliyah said jumping on him "Why didn't you tell me?"

Chris mugged KJ.

"Your secret is safe wit the three of us." She said, flashing him a smile.

"Where my child?" Ximora asked KJ.

"She's up there sleeping, something woke her up last night and she stayed up the rest of the night." KJ told her.

"Look at you getting mommy practice in." Kaliyah smiled "You wanna watch London next?"

"Much love for my nieces, but I'm straight." KJ laughed.

"You got everything right? Do you need anything else?" Ximora asked.

KJ shook her head "No, Jae finished the paint last week and he put the rocking chair together yesterday. Sooo the nursery is all set."

Kaliyah and Ximora glanced at each other but stayed silent.

"Oh my gosh what now?"

"It's just that,  you never got to tell Amir about the pregnancy.. and now he's dead. Are you okay?" Kaliyah spoke.

Chris cleared his throat "Ight y'all two clear out my house."

KJ really appreciated him in that moment.

"But-"

"Daddy-"

The two tried to protest but he shook his head "Out."

Once they left, he looked over at KJ.

"You good ma?"

She shook her head no "But I will be."

"It's just the fact that they're right.. I do feel bad." She spoke again. "This man died and he didn't know about his kid because I was being selfish."

"You were hurt." Chris said.

"No.. regardless of my feelings I shouldn't have done that. I had six months to get myself together." She said, rubbing her stomach.

KJ knew that she was pregnant while Amir was still alive, knowing this made her extremely guilty now that he was dead.  

"And now I can't even tell my kid that they daddy loved them or nothing. Because the nigga didn't even know about them." She wiped her face and stood up to leave.

"I'm sorry, happy birthday again."

Chris sighed, seeing his child like that really hurt him, especially knowing that there wasn't much he could do.

____________________

"Where I Wanna Be" by Donell Jones played as KJ washed dishes after dinner.

"But when you love someone, you just don't treat them bad." She sang along as she put her fork in the dish drain.

Once she finished, she moved into her baby's nursery to start folding and putting away the clothes she had washed.

"Alexa next." She said a good three times until All Mine played.

The baby started to kick causing her to smile.

"You like this one too? Mommy does too," she smiled, pressing down on her stomach so that the baby would kick back.

"I can't wait to meet you and find out what you areee."

She looked around the decorated room and smiled wider.

Jaelen had painted it a neutral grey color with clouds painted on one wall since KJ didn't want to know the gender until birth.

"What you want your name to be?"

"It never gave junior if you a boy, but maybe a lil remix on ya daddy name like Amiri or sum. I'm really feeling Kinsley if you a girl."

She felt a kick.

"Orrr maybe not Kinsley imma figure it out."

KJ spent the night putting the finishing touches on the baby's room before she made her way into her own.

"Laughing my fuckin' ass offfff," she giggled as she laid in her bed watching a Tiktok.

She spent the rest of the night in the same position, as she was trying to get her mind off of reality.