11.

"We ran out of baby soap, Amir.. can you go get some?"

KJ had just taken Amyri out the bath and was working on getting him ready for bed.

"He a newborn, how many baths you done gave him?"

KJ laughed, "I was using one of them sample bottles cause I wanted to see if it worked for him.. since the other one broke him out."

"Imma get them after he sleep, I wanna put him to bed witchu." Amir told her, sitting on her bed.

"Say thank you dada!" KJ smiled as she held Amyri.

"He need a bottle?" Amir asked.

KJ shook her head, "Imma nurse him.. he seems to like being on my breast."

This caused Amir to smirk, "He just like his daddy for real."

KJ didn't say anything as she rolled her eyes.

"Aye tho, I'm tryna throw sum at my house to celebrate.. whatchu think?"

"Okay for like a housewarming?"

Amir shook his head and motioned towards her, "Nah for the baby.. and us."

"Us?"

Amir blew out a breath, "..I want my family back, KJ."

"Amir, we are a family and where we at in a relationship doesn't change that.. but please put yourself in my shoes,"

KJ watched his face drop.

"You hid a baby from me and then you hid yourself. You're a liar! How can I just forget it and get back with you? I won't ever do it just because we had a baby together."

She blew out a breath before she continued her rant, "Especially a baby I went through my pregnancy alone with.."

Amir let out a dry chuckle as he mumbled, "Of course I'm the only one in the wrong."

"Speak up, Amir!"

"I'm not the only liar. You ain tell me shit about you being pregnant, yo ass had 6 months! You the real reason why you was alone most of yo pregnancy."

KJ shook her head, "You hurt me, Amir! You were having a baby with someone else and you didn't tell me."

"Jayani was before you, and you know that shit. I was wrong for keeping it from you but I had to process that first, KJ."

"...and regardless you still shouldn't have kept shit about our baby from me. I don't give a fuck about allat other shit."

"So you don't care that you hurt me?"

He blew out a breath, "You know I ain mean it like that, so don't start."

"How can I know what you mean? All you do is lie."

"Kamari when I lied to you, I did it with the intentions of protecting you and yo feelings."

"Well clearly I don't feel protected. You don't know what all I went through by myself."

Amir scoffed, "Here you go wit that entitled shit. I wasn't there while you was pregnant -even though part of that wasn't my fault- but you had people there for you, so stop screaming that lonely shit."

"Don't speak to me like I'm your child!" KJ said, beginning to raise her voice.

A half sleep Amyri jumped, and began to fuss.

Amir huffed before he stood up, "Imma just go get his wash."

"Yea.. you do that." She mumbled as he headed out.