7.

"Aunty KJ!" Kaliyah's daughter, London smiled as she ran to give KJ a hug

Kaliyah was hosting KJ's "baby sprinkle" at her house. It wasn't anything too big and grand, it was more so small and intimate, which KJ liked since it didn't require her to dress up.

"Wassup girl?" KJ smiled.

"You late." Kaliyah said playfully mugging her.

KJ laughed, "Y'all don't understand how hard it is to move around.."

It was now Ximora's turn to eye her. "You was always late before you even got pregnant.. don't blame Kenneth."

"I'm not naming him Kenneth.." KJ frowned.

Lately, Ximora would throw in a random name when she spoke about the baby to try and help KJ find something.

"Well, you don't got too much longer girl."

"You like how many weeks?" Kaliyah asked.

"Uhh 37," She told them.

"And you haven't had no type of symptoms? Like wit London I was sick every dayyy."

KJ shook her head, "Just my hormones and emotions, you know."

"Y'all could come on so we can eat?" Naz asked.

Ximora glared at him, "Wait til yo daddy get here."

KJ shook her head, "That nigga not gon do anything, y'all have created a monster."

KJ just knew her son wouldn't be like him.

"Okayyy everyone, so I have a game we can start off with." Kaliyah said as her husband, Major, and Jaelen walked in.

"Wassup babygirl." Jaelen mumbled as he gave KJ a side hug.

"Hey.." She smiled, "Why you late?"

She watched as he played in his locs then spoke.

"Had to handle sum.. we brought some ice tho."

KJ eyed him before putting her attention back on Kaliyah as she explained the game rules.

"Okay so we got everyone's baby pictures, we're gonna play guess who!" Kaliyah said.

KJ watched with a fake smile as everyone played. She always knew when someone was lying, and to her Jaelen was lying.

Kaliyah continued on with the games, until KJ got hungry.

You could say Kaliyah was over excited as she had over planned for a bunch of games for everyone to play. KJ was really there to see her family and eat, especially since she had went crazy to get the baby almost everything he needed.

"Y'all what should I name him?" KJ asked as they ate.

"Chris." Chris suggested. "But you could do it wit a K."

"That basic ass name." Jaelen mumbled as he sat next to KJ.

KJ stifled a laugh before mumbling back, "Jaelen basic as hell too."

"I think I like this one name that I had showed Lorenzo." KJ said.

Ximora playfully mugged her, "Ain nobody told me nothing.."

"She just saw it this morning." Lorenzo told her.

"What is it?"

KJ smiled, "Okay so I been saying I wanted to remix his daddy name, so I was like Amyri."

*ah-my-ree

"Mmm.. Amyri," Ximora repeated. "I like it."

"Any middle name?"

KJ nodded, "It's just gon be Mekhi.. like Amir's."

"Okay Amyri Mekhi." Jaelen said.

Kaliyah smiled as she looked at everyone, "Well now that we've played some games and ate, it's time for gifts!"

KJ smiled as she saw the mountain of gifts everyone brought, it looked like the amount of gifts you'd get at a regular baby shower with 50+ people.

After peeking at the gift table, KJ knew that most were from Jaelen.

"Thank you everyone for coming and bringing all these gifts, I feel so much love for my baby already." KJ said as she quickly wiped a tear.

KJ continued opening her gifts until she came across a crib.. the crib that was sold out everywhere.

"Oh my gosh! Who bought this?" She looked around at everyone since it had no name.

Everyone looked clueless.

"I tried to get it but it was gone when I was looking." Lorenzo told her.

"So who bought this?" She asked in confusion.

The family spent the rest of the night playing other games Kaliyah had set up.

KJ felt so grateful in that moment, as she wasn't experiencing the symptoms of her grief and depression.

She felt happier again.

If only for that moment, she was enjoying all of it.

_______________________

"Baby, I love you. You are my life.."

Destiny's Child played as KJ did some of the baby's laundry.

She was in the homestretch of her pregnancy, so she found herself 'nesting' and getting everything prepared for after her birth.

KJ couldn't lie, she was nervous as she'd never envisioned herself to be a single mother but she now knew she could do it.

"Bro how do this window keep opening..?" KJ scrunched up her face seeing the nursey room window had been cracked open again.

Once she finished up with the little bit of clothes that were left, she headed to her desk.

Although she wasn't able to do the physical portion because of her doctor, KJ still ran her gyms.

They were doing so well that she was planning to open another one after her baby was born.

Aside from all the money and assets Amir had left, KJ still wanted to work hard to secure her baby's future more.

She started by transferring all the money Amir had left for her into a trust fund for Amyri.

It was safe to say that she was ready for her child.