9.

"Who this fa?!"

KJ laughed as she scrolled on TikTok.

It had been a week since she and the baby made it home from the hospital.

Although he wasn't staying with them, Amir was there everyday helping KJ out in whatever way.

"His bottles washed.. that's everything?" Amir asked as he peeked into her room.

KJ gave him a small smile, she could tell he felt extremely guilty as he was putting in hard work, of course as he should since he was the father, but KJ didn't expect/need this much help.

"No, I think everything's good.. you wanna hold him?" She said, before pulling Amyri away from her breast.

"I uh actually gotta go see about Armani." Amir said rubbing the back of his head.

"Okay, ouu can you take that formula for him?" KJ said pointing to some cans on her dresser.

Amir nodded as he grabbed them, "Youn gotta get him shit no more.. I appreciate you for all you done tho."

"It was no problem," KJ smiled.

She genuinely didn't mind, her outlook on everything had did a 360, especially after having Amyri. She wanted to at least be cordial with Jayani so Amyri could connect with his brother.

She didn't want the two to grow up around negativity caused by their parents.

"Ight, imma be back soon. You need anything while I'm gone?" He asked before coming over to kiss Amyri.

"We're all good," KJ smiled up at him.

"You sure?" Amir felt bad leaving them, but he wanted to see his son.

He was working hard to take care of Amyris while also balancing his time with Armani, especially since he missed some months of his life.

"Yesss, go see your son Amir." KJ slightly pushed him towards her bedroom door.

"Ight, just text me."

KJ nodded as she went back to Tiktoks.

"You hear me?"

She glanced up at him, "Yesss Amir, if I need anything I'll text you or I can get it myself."

He shook his head, "Youn need to be out with him, he too young and you still healing."

KJ was ready for him to go. The whole week, he would barely let her leave the bed.

This wasn't what she'd planned for at all. It was just supposed to be her and Amyri in her space, not Amir policing her.

"Okay I'm gone," He sighed, causing KJ to slightly feel bad.

"Amir.." She called.

He turned around to look at her, "Thank you for all the help, me and Amyri really appreciate it. But really, go spend time with Armani, we will be okay."

Amir nodded before finally leaving the room.

Once she heard the front door close, she let out a breath.

"You going to sleep on me?" KJ mugged the baby as his eyes were slowly starting to shut.

She loved interacting with him, even though he was so small and probably didn't understand, she still enjoyed it.

———————————————

Amir

"Mmm.." Jayani mugged Amir as she opened the door.